What cheered you up today?

Athena

Waking up and finding that though my life is drastically different, I'm at peace! Woke up to an early morning conversation with my 6 week old grandbaby and had a cuddle session with my 19 month old granddaughter. She likes to creep into be and crawl all over us until she finds her perfect position, then stare me down, hold my face, Eskimo kiss me and then fall asleep in my arms!

• 2 weeks later...

What cheered me up today and in fact all weekend was some lovely philosophical chats with my wonderful husband over coffee and various other beverages and finally working out what it is I need to do in order to resolve a situation that has been brewing for some considerable time. Time for action, but not reaction ...

• 2 months later...

The fact that even though we've been told that all 4H clubs will be canceled unless they have 6 kids to join the club (we have 5 kids at the moment), I was now told that our particular club will not be canceled but will continue on for the spring because it's the only one in this city. Wohoo! :exc: I'm so relieved and I know my co-'host' will feel exactly the same :smile2:

Took my boys to see Paddington! We had the ENTIRE theater to ourselves and they had a ball!!! Watching their little faces and seeing their wonder was worth the empty pockets.

Aw!! That movie looks so cute :) I don't remember Paddington being big for my generation but I wish he was around when I was a kid! So happy you guys had a great time!

• 1 month later...

During my coffee break, a colleague and I were talking about a comedian we both like, and I was actually crying with laughter while we talked about some of our favourite appearances of his, and then we carried on talking about other comedians too.  A very good fun 10 minute break and definitely cheered me up for the rest of the day! :D

A bunch of yellow tulips for me.. even if I bought them myself! :D

Oh, and two hours spent tidying the garden and playing with the dogs.  :wolf:  :)

I bought my own daffodils :D 

Lovely day for playing in the garden with the dogs :) (I mean tidying :D)