What cheered you up today?

Athena

I could swear we had a thread for a thing like this but I wasn't able to find it searching through the pages of this subforum.

What cheered you up today?

For me, it was looking at my books. Thinking about how much fun it'll be to read them (though of course not all might be brilliant) and how nice the covers look on my shelves. It usually cheers me up to look at my books :).

Three things made me happy today. :smile:

A 'phone call from husband just to say "Hi"

A text from my son.

A fresh bread baton from the supermarket (still warm) which I had (some of!) for breakfast spread with humus.  

ETA I have always been great at 'counting my blessings' on a regular basis, but lately I have made it a ritual of sorts to spend a little time during the quiet of the evening/night to think what in my life makes me happy. I also seek to improve on the stuff that doesn't. I have been finding it calming and illuminating.

Edited by Chrissy

Three things made me happy today. :smile:

A 'phone call from husband just to say "Hi"

A text from my son.

A fresh bread baton from the supermarket (still warm) which I had (some of!) for breakfast spread with humus.  

ETA I have always been great at 'counting my blessings' on a regular basis, but lately I have made it a ritual of sorts to spend a little time during the quiet of the evening/night to think what in my life makes me happy. I also seek to improve on the stuff that doesn't. I have been finding it calming and illuminating.

Those things sound very nice :). That seems like a nice thing to do. I had a journal where I wrote down the things I was thankful for each day (specific things that happened that day) but I stopped with it after a while because it didn't seem to help. Yet many research shows these things do help. I'm glad to hear it helps you :).

I think just dwelling and thinking on the good things you have in life, maybe in the nighttime, is beneficial.  Being thankful and acknowledging that thankfulness is a big thing.  So, a bit of meditation, or prayer before sleep, whatever you want to call it is a good thing.  I don't think actually writing it down is necessary. 

Edited by pontalba

Finding out that my mum is finally going to get hearing aids tomorrow.  Seriously, I've spent the past two or three years having to repeat everything I've said to her two or three times  :rolleyes:  :lol:

Finding out that my mum is finally going to get hearing aids tomorrow.  Seriously, I've spent the past two or three years having to repeat everything I've said to her two or three times  :rolleyes:  :lol:

Very good news indeed :)

Ermm .. I had tea and fruit cake for breakfast :blush2:  :D  

My new coffee table and my super-handy husband!

It (the table) came out of the cardboard with a couple of drill holes in the wrong place. A couple of whirring sounds later, and better ones had been drilled in the correct place. So now we have a lovely chunky wood coffee table that, unlike our old one, is actually bigger than a postage stamp. :smile:

What a wonderful idea Chrissy - thank you for this.

What cheered me up today was waking up to such beautiful sunshine and knowing that I had a particularly good book that I want to finish.

What cheered me up yesterday was a nice cup of coffee in Dorking with an even nicer lunch at home, being in the company of my beloved (who for the first time since our blessing did not feel unwell) and finding out that we had enough points on our Odeon cinema club card to quality for some free ice creams. That certainly can't be bad. :smile:

Today the whole house is clean, or as clean as it needs be. A joint family effort, and it really cheers me up.

Now that is something to celebrate!

I sleep on my side and my dog jumped up on the bed, tucked her chin over my shoulder and squeezed, essentially giving me a hug. She doesn't do it every morning, but it's so sweet when she does!

Edited by dtrpath27

Today I had an appointment with my nurse and we had a good talk, it gave me hope and cheered me up :). She also adjusted my medication which I hope will make me feel better.

That's great Gaia. :smile:

My two cheering, happy things (so far) today was reading that a friend's operation had gone ok, and the second was that I was able to find some material I could use as a liner for a bag I'm making. Big cheer and little cheer! :D