Book Mooch!

Polka Dot Rock

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm completely addicted to bookmooch!

I've received almost 100 and given 80--most of mine weren't mine actually, my sister gave me several big boxes of books that I wasn't really interested in so it's been a godsend. And I've saved quite a bit by sending multiple books to the same people--series and such.

I'll send internationally if the postage is less than $7-8 per book, which it usually is. There's only been a handful on my wishlist that haven't ever been available--mostly stuff that's pretty new and popular.

I also have a PaperBackSwap account, but I like BookMooch's interface a lot more.

• 2 months later...

Thanks to everyone who became my friends.:D

I re-opened my account on Friday and when I check it this afternoon I had 17 books to send :D now all I need to do is win the lotto to have money to post al them:blush:

• 2 months later...

When you bookmooch do you have the option of not sending your books, as someone says they had 17 books mooched that seems a lot of an outlay in postage at once. Can more than one person ask for the same book and if so how do you choose. It is a bit tempting to join up!! Also would it matter if I did that some books would have bookcrossing stickers inside?

Yes you can reject a mooch if you need too (you can also go on holiday if you know you won't be able to send some out for a while). Only one person can ask for a book, if someone else asks before you it will say it's already been mooched. And yes a bookcrossing sticker is ok (I always register my bookmooch books with bookcrossing although I tend to just slip in the sticker rather than sticking it) but you should mention that it's there in the information on book condition