Coffee or Tea?

Virginia

I was such a big coffee fan but all of a sudden, I can't finish a cup. I have now switched to tea. Yorkshire tea, specifically. I love it!

Have you ever found yourself just "off" the coffee? Was it permanent? Or did you go off the tea and switch to coffee?

No matter how off I get with the coffee, I always keep some home just in case. You never know!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like coffee nor tea. If I had to absolutely drink a cup of one of the two I would pick tea. But for me, I much prefer water (no sparkles!).

It's strange how your taste has changed, but these things do happen! I've only liked plain water since a few years, before that I had a strong preference for orange juice (though I did like a few other kinds of juices and syrups). When I was a child all I would drink was red grapejuice. I'm quite glad now that I like water, it doesn't cost much and is very healthy. I hope I won't move into something more awkward again at a later time!

The only hot drink I'll have is hot chocolate and, when I have a cold, hot water with a bit of syrup and / or honey.

Every other morning we make a pot of coffee and a pot of tea. :)  I always start out with a large mug of black tea (Scottish Breakfast blend), but switch to coffee in the afternoon.  Husband is exactly the opposite, starting out with a large cup of CDM coffee with chicory, then switching to tea sometimes in the afternoon. 

I've always been a tea drinker, the stronger the better, but when I started working when I was young, I started drinking coffee at the office.  But it's always been tea at home. 

I do think our tastes change to some extent though.  Maybe your taste buds just are tired of coffee for the moment, and will clear out after having tea for a while. :)

I go through stages … sometimes it's tea and sometimes it's coffee.  At the moment, I'm on a coffee streak.  I think it's a seasonal thing - I like tea in the summer and winter, coffee in the spring and autumn.  Have NO idea why, that's just the way I roll. :D

I grew up drinking tea, and until a few years ago didn't even like the taste of coffee - drinking it always gave me a headache as I wasn't used to the caffeine. A few years ago though I was at work serving the residents with their morning coffee. The Manager asked me to get her one and I accidentally put some sugar in in, and so she didn't want it after all, so I drank it. I have been drinking it ever since and can't actually remember when I last had a cup of tea ! I am though quite particular as to which coffee I drink at home at least - it has to be Kenco and it has to be decaf.  I never drink Nescafe on principal, as Nestle are such a nasty company. I don't like Nescafe though anyway.

I have no idea what happened to me. I would want a cup of coffee in the morning and after fixing it, I could never finish the cup. Weird. I even seem to not like the smell during certain parts of the day. I miss the thought of having coffee!

I like both :smile: I like caramel flavored coffee in the morning, then I usually drink sweet iced tea during the day.  Although lately, I've been  drinking a lot of Vitamin Water during the days.  I love juices too.

Well, it makes sense, Gaia.  I can drink coffee in the evening and it won't keep me awake, but tea will sometimes. 

Tea can have more caffeine than coffee, I believe.

I like both :smile: I like caramel flavored coffee in the morning, then I usually drink sweet iced tea during the day.  Although lately, I've been  drinking a lot of Vitamin Water during the days.  I love juices too.

Tea can have more caffeine than coffee, I believe.

Except for the White Chocolate Mocha at Starbucks, I drink both my tea and coffee straight....no cream or sugar.

I thought it was the tannic acid in the tea that affected me.....caffeine doesn't bother me at all. That said, almost 30 years ago, I gave up caffeine completely for about 6 years. Never again! :D

I love them both! If I'm sick, tired, stressed or sad it's tea, otherwise it's coffee. My favorite tea is Earl Grey followed closely by chai.

Eta: Before bed it's one or the other, but I only get through about a half cup before I fall asleep.

Edited by dtrpath27

I only drink coffee at work, and usually when I out - let's face it, there's a coffee shop on every corner these days. At home, I mostly drink tea, although I've switched to de-caff for both (except when I'm out) as I found it really gives acid indigestion.

When Ruth was pregnant with Amy, she completely went off tea, and would only drink coffee. As soon as she was born, she was given a cup of coffee, tasted it, said it was revolting and went straight back onto tea!

I thought it was the tannic acid in the tea that affected me.....caffeine doesn't bother me at all. That said, almost 30 years ago, I gave up caffeine completely for about 6 years. Never again! :D

I gave up caffeine too- in 2001 and just started again this year! :o I can't believe how many more beverages I can enjoy now!

Coffee, always coffee for me. Statistically we Finns are one of the nations that drink the most coffee per year :cool:

You know I'm sick when I can't drink coffee. It happens every time. I switch to tea when I'm sick. 

List of countries by coffee consumption per capita. Finland leads! And all the Nordic countries are in the top 6, Netherlands among them :cool: 

Edited by frankie

Sadly, I can't stand the taste of coffee despite many attempts to. I do drink a lot of tea and like to try different types of tea depending on my mood. I drink both usual tea in bags and loose leaf teas. I always have a cup of mint tea after my main meal of the day as it's said to aid digestion. My favourite blend of mint tea was discontinued by The Tea Palace and it has taken me quite a bit of searching to find a suitable replacement. I never expected there to be such a taste variation with something as simple as mint tea but there is and some of them are horrid.

I like Teapigs but it is pretty expensive. I have settled on either Pukka three mint tea or Twinings pure peppermint when it is on special offer. I did make my own blend for a while using peppermint leaves and Chinese gunpowder green tea but bags are so much more convenient at work.

Coffee, always coffee for me. Statistically we Finns are one of the nations that drink the most coffee per year :cool:

You know I'm sick when I can't drink coffee. It happens every time. I switch to tea when I'm sick. 

List of countries by coffee consumption per capita. Finland leads! And all the Nordic countries are in the top 6, Netherlands among them :cool:

Wow, those statistics are amazing. I am surprised that the U.S. ranks so low in coffee consumption.

LOL  That's pretty amazing! 

I'm surprised, a bit, as well.

Sadly, I can't stand the taste of coffee despite many attempts to. I do drink a lot of tea and like to try different types of tea depending on my mood. I drink both usual tea in bags and loose leaf teas. I always have a cup of mint tea after my main meal of the day as it's said to aid digestion. My favourite blend of mint tea was discontinued by The Tea Palace and it has taken me quite a bit of searching to find a suitable replacement. I never expected there to be such a taste variation with something as simple as mint tea but there is and some of them are horrid.

Brian, I don't know if you can get it over there, but chicory added to coffee kills the acidity.   As strong as I make our coffee, if I didn't mix extra chicory into it, it'd give me agita as well.  http://www.cafedumonde.com/coffee

Coffee all the way for me. Strong and black with no sugar.

I don't like 'regular' tea at all. In fact, I can't even bear the smell of it. I do, however, like peppermint tea made in my Stump teapot. I buy it loose from a stall in Bath Guildhall market. :)

Stump...

http://en.forlifedesign.eu/pour-le-service/theiere-stump-0-40l-avec-filtre.html#color=15

I used to drink coffee and tea. When I was pregnant 12 years ago I went off both then, after I'd had my daughter, only wanted to drink tea. I've only had a handful of cups of coffee since whereas I drink 3-4 mugs of tea a day. Strange how our tastes change.

Brian, I don't know if you can get it over there, but chicory added to coffee kills the acidity.   As strong as I make our coffee, if I didn't mix extra chicory into it, it'd give me agita as well.  http://www.cafedumonde.com/coffee

I didn't know that, I'll have to give that a go and see if I like it.

I prefer regular coffee with a little milk in it. Drink that every day. I buy mostly Gevalia, a dark roast, medium roast or Colombia. 

I don't dislike tea, but I prefer coffee. I have a Dolce Gusto capsule machine and I ordered a sample package of all their flavours of coffee, tea, hot chocolate. I intend to find a few favorites. I am in love with their chococino. 

1546111_h1_5_e_01.jpgchococino_350x330.jpg