Coffee or Tea?

Virginia

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying not to drink coffee with caffeine after midday.

I've tried Douwe Egberts, which I didn't like at all, and Kenco Millicano, which wasn't much better, but they're the only instant ones I've tried. 

I'm not against trying a supermarket own-brand.

Does anyone (UK-based) have a recommendation for an instant decaf coffee that actually tastes like coffee, please?  :)

I’m afraid I like the Kenco Millicano, so I can’t offer advice on instant.  If you go for a cafetière and use ground coffee instead of instant, I think you’d probably like the Lavazza decaffeinato which was always my favourite when we used the coffee machine or the cafetière :) 

Thanks, Claire.  :)   We have a Nespresso so I tend to have that decaf if I want something other than instant, although I think I probably prefer the cafetière over the Nespresso - it's just such a fag to clean!    I will give that a go next time I buy ground coffee (I do occasionally put my laziness aside and use the cafetière!).  :)

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I’m a tea drinker, always have been, always will be.  In fact, it’s pretty much the only thing I do drink.  And that first cup of the day is the best of the lot; I can’t function properly without it.  It sets me up for the day ahead.

I do occasionally have a hot chocolate with marshmallows on top, but this is more of a little treat rather than a regular beverage.

I don’t drink coffee at all as I can’t stand the taste or smell of it.

• 1 year later...

At the moment, I usually take a caffè latte for breakfast and an espresso after lunch. Sometimes I take an espresso and green tea for breakfast and another espresso or caffè latte later. What about black tea, you might ask, and that is a reasonable inquiry.

P.S.: I also usually drink one or two cappuccino decafs at night.

Edited by woolf woolf