Horror book recommendations

Athena

We have a topic for favourite authors and for favourite Stephen King book (I think most of us agree he's one of the best horror writers around?), so this topic is for recommending individual books (not just for me personally or anything. Just tell us about your favourite horror books :) ).

Ok.  I can recommend against Keith Luethke's A Zombie Apocalypse short story collection on Amazon.  This is a case of "don't judge a book by it's cover".

I can recommend Seth Grahame- Smith's AMAZING Historical Fiction based horror novel, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Slayer, (movie is just as good) or his smash up of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. 

And William Bebb wrote Valley of Death and Zombies of All Hallows Eve, both are light and fun reads.  I love Zombie stuff- probably because of it's apocalyptic tendencies.

I always want to mention The Thief of Always, a YA book from Clive Barker, which I will be reading to P when she is around 10.

Edited by Anna Begins

• 1 year later...

My horror reads don't extend very far beyond Stephen King, I'm afraid.  I do remember very vividly reading a book when I was a young teen called The Tea Party by Charles Grant.  I looked it up on Amazon and it has a very different cover than what I remember, but man that booked freaked me out way back when!

As for Stephen King, my favorite will always and forever be The Shining.  

The Shining by Stephen King ~ One of my favourite Stephen King's book, I have lost count how many times I have read.

NOS 4R2 by Joe Hill ~ Charles Manx is very creepy

The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson ~ It's very subtle horror, its the idea of something being there, it's really well done

Horrorstor by Grady Hendrix ~ Put it this way, I have avoided Ikea since reading 'Horrorstor'  :giggle2: 

:)

Edited by Weave