What's Up in October? - 2014

Athena

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As much as I love toast, there is nothing worse than thinly sliced toast with just a scraping of butter, and since I only have it once a week, I think the extra thick slices with lashings of butter is allowed, don't you? :lol:  If I was having jam, marmalade or lemon curd as well, then I'd have less butter, but today was a simple toast kind of day. :D

We are taking my daughter to the pumpkin patch today to pick out a pumpkin (or 3 or 4 lol) for Halloween.  They have a bunch of blow up slides and ladders and such to play on.  After, I think we are taking her to a pizza place with tons of games that kids like around here.  Should be tiring, but fun (or not :giggle2: )

As much as I love toast, there is nothing worse than thinly sliced toast with just a scraping of butter, and since I only have it once a week, I think the extra thick slices with lashings of butter is allowed, don't you? :lol:  If I was having jam, marmalade or lemon curd as well, then I'd have less butter, but today was a simple toast kind of day. :D

I agree totally ... being mean with butter on toast should be punishable by law :D Btw .. is that a Poole Pottery Vineyard plate? .. I have some of that range .. it's lovely :)

Spent a total of 4 hours in the highway. I picked the kids up film their visitation and went to church while I was there. I'm supposed to go to a comedy show this evening but our cousin has car issues and the hubby has to go help her out. Our quiet weekend is officially over!!

We are driving up to Piney River, Virginia tomorrow to the orchard to get apples. I talked to one of their wholesale people and she is also going to reserve for me the new Hydrangea shrub called "Little Limelight".

Edited by muggle not

Muggle, I hope you have fun :)!

I'm off to get a few days more sun in Barcelona this weekend before the winter fully kicks in.

Have fun, Brian!

I've been to the nurse today and she has adjusted my medication. I look forward to see if this will help me (will make a post later in my thread with more details).

Tomorrow I'll be taking a little drive going food shopping and on Friday the library is holding their sale so I hope to find some nice books there.

Finally getting somewhere in our quest to buy a house - signed some papers last night and hopefully we'll hear something regarding a date for completion and exchange of contracts/getting the keys some time in the next week or so.

Finally getting somewhere in our quest to buy a house - signed some papers last night and hopefully we'll hear something regarding a date for completion and exchange of contracts/getting the keys some time in the next week or so.

I hope it'll go well :)!

I ought to study in a faster pace. I have a hand-in assignment for Monday. But for some reason, I can't get working unless I have some pressure on. 

What are you studying?  Are you at university?

I ought to study in a faster pace. I have a hand-in assignment for Monday. But for some reason, I can't get working unless I have some pressure on.

That's pretty common actually. I don't have the same thing myself but I've heard of other people who have. Good luck!

I always try and start my assignments right away, but I do find I work better under pressure, when they're just about due.

I do the same thing. I get a rough idea what I want to write or cover in my assignments but it doesn't get put together until close to the due date.

I went to see Jesus Christ Superstar yesterday in Verona.. amazing!! I love the movie, I've watched it dozen of times, so it was unbelievable for me to see JCS performed live in Arena by 3 of the original actors! Wow.. a piece of art.

My parents love this movie, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself :). I've never seen the film myself to be honest.

Today we made a trip to the supermarket, earlier than we planned, because our bread had gone mouldy. It was nice being out though and get some new food. The next few days I plan to mainly rest as I've done a lot in the past few days and am quite tired from it all. I've been having headaches too, so hopefully I can rest a bit in the next while. I would like to go to the next town over though to go to a few shops but considering my tiredness it might be better to do that at a later time.

I've been having headaches too, so hopefully I can rest a bit in the next while. I would like to go to the next town over though to go to a few shops but considering my tiredness it might be better to do that at a later time.

:friends0: It's too early in the week for that!

At long last, we now own a house. We get our keys tomorrow. The process has taken twelve full weeks of nail-bitingly slow and frustrating waiting since our offer was accepted, but now it's finally over!

As of tomorrow, we will be able to start the renovations we'll need to complete before we can move in - starting with the new kitchen, then all the flooring throughout and decorating. We've been buying furniture and fixtures and we're all set to go.

So, it's going to be a very busy month or so (mostly for hubby who will be doing most of the work, along with my Pop and a little help from my Uncle and a pal who are a plumber and a plasterer), but I'll be packing things up here and selling on stuff we're not keeping - it's almost all new stuff for our new forever home.

After our disappointment last year when the purchase of a house we loved fell through, we've been just about ending ourselves with worry when this one was taking so long, but our wait is finally over, and as this one desperately needs some love and attentions, we can really put our own stamp on it right away.

We can hardly wait to get it all done and move in!!! It'll take at least a month, but at least we'll be all settled in before Xmas! :)

I always try and start my assignments right away, but I do find I work better under pressure, when they're just about due.

I do the same thing. I get a rough idea what I want to write or cover in my assignments but it doesn't get put together until close to the due date.

Oh goodie! I am not alone. :)

Every time I feel like I have "plenty of time", I push it into the future. There are so much more fun things I can do instead! And then I have to work my behind off the last 2 days.... 

I don't think I will ever learn. I think I just have to accept how I am. 

Went to the hospital today for some tests to see if I can become a blood donor. Had excellent blood pressure and blood count at least. Rest of the test results will come later.

I hope all your results are good :)!

My headache got better yesterday evening but this morning I woke up and had another one. I hope it'll lessen towards the end of the day. I've taken a painkiller but I'm not sure how much it helps.