'The Butterfly House' by Marcia Preston

Inver

'The Butterfly House' by Marcia Preston

Recommend this one

'Roberta and Cynthia are destined to be good friends forever. When both your fathers are missing you have a lot in common. Unable to cope with her alcoholic mother, Roberta finds Cynthia's house the perfect carefree refuge.

Cynthia's mother keeps beautiful rare butterflies in her sunporch and she's everything Roberta wishes her own mother could be. But just like the delicate creatures they nurture, the women are living in a hothouse.

Years later, a hauntingly familiar stranger knocks on Roberta's door'

Read as part of a bookring on bookcrossing my review.

:typing:Loved the book. Liked the way it was written. It goes between present and past in alternate chapters but didn't disrupt the reading of the story, as some books do and make it difficult to follow. So wanted to see where the butterflies lived in Lenora''s house. Nearly needed tissues towards the end though. Liked all the characters. Would have finished it sooner on my hols but was only finding time to read it at night and kept falling asleep, but was nothing to do with it not holding my interest. Must put Marcia Preston on my wish list. Anyone else read others by her?