The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, banned in some schools

Athena

I read on Facebook that The Fault on Our Stars by John Green has been banned in a few schools in I think the US.

Source

Here's a quote of John Green's response (found on His Tumblr):

I guess I am both happy and sad.

I am happy because apparently young people in Riverside, California will never witness or experience mortality since they won’t be reading my book, which is great for them.

But I am also sad because I was really hoping I would be able to introduce the idea that human beings die to the children of Riverside, California and thereby crush their dreams of immortality.

I like his response :).

I cannot believe this book would be banned! It's a beautifully written book that is incredibly real, speaking of young love, loss, and the realisation that we are none of us immortal. It's a tactful portrayal, but it doesn't pretty things up or condescend. It's exactly the kind of book teens SHOULD be reading!

I cannot believe this book would be banned! It's a beautifully written book that is incredibly real, speaking of young love, loss, and the realisation that we are none of us immortal. It's a tactful portrayal, but it doesn't pretty things up or condescend. It's exactly the kind of book teens SHOULD be reading!

Yep, that pretty much says it all!