Are you the main reader in your life?

Anna Begins

None of my friends read much.  I have one friend who doesn't read at all.  My dad reads like crazy, but he reads mostly detective books, which I can't share with him too much.  He doesn't really understand that I read so many genres.

My mom doesn't read much, but she is always interested in what book I am reading.  I even got an "oh my gosh" when I told her the title of Oryx and Crake :giggle2:  Do you read the most out of the people in your life or do you have others that read as much as you do?  Do you have someone who is interested in the books you read?

Yes it`s me mainly..Mrs Itsme is an English Lit graduate from Brazil but reads little these days.

• 2 weeks later...

My Grandfather (who raised me) can be given credit for my love of books/reading. Being a gentleman who believes that a mind should never be idle he encouraged my brother--another lover of books--and I to spend spare moments either reading or enjoying a hobby of sorts. As much as I love to read nothing can compare to my closest friend, he is an extreme book-'lady of the night'...he consumes books like food. I honestly do not know where he finds the time to read as many books a month as he does as I know he has a very busy work life 'cause we are work colleagues as well as best friends. However, on the whole most of my friends are moderate readers at best.

• 1 month later...

Mom used to read lots bu not anymore, not for years now. The rest of my family doesn 't read at all and my friends usually read Dutch literature, one reads a bit of fantasy but a small bit. So hence the book forum, no one else to discuss books with. ;)

There are tons of books in my parents house and they bought me loads as a child, but mum doesn't really read anymore. She just doesn't have time, I guess. I have one friend who reads a bit, I think she's a member of a local book club (local to her, middle of nowhere to me), and she's a huge fan of John Green and the Harry Potter series, but I don't know anyone in real life as into books as me, no.