Book Memes

Devi

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love the book lover's holiday. :) But are all those people in the car? The driver could kick them out and have more room for books!

Parents are not allowed to leave their children alone without supervision. They are forced to drag them along to the reading holiday. By law.  ;)  :doh:

The book lover's holiday isn't that far from the truth :D  When I used to go away camping with my friend's family (all great readers) the mum would take out a huge pile of books from the library and stack the caravan shelves with them (we came from a small town and they obviously bent the rules for borrowing numbers). It was great, if you ran out of your own books to read, you could be guaranteed of finding something interesting in her pile   :readingtwo: 

I love the holiday picture too! I always take lots of books with me too, depending on how long I'm going for (though nowadays I also bring my e-reader). When I was a child I'd fill up most of my box / crate (we were each allowed to take one box / crate with us) with books.

I love the book lover's holiday. :) But are all those people in the car? The driver could kick them out and have more room for books!

Parents are not allowed to leave their children alone without supervision. They are forced to drag them along to the reading holiday. By law.  ;)  :doh:

I'm glad you were able to interpret my post, Emelee, because I just read it back and it made no sense to me! :D Instead of saying 'But are all those people in the car?', I meant to say 'But what are all those extra people doing in the car?' I don't know how I managed to leave out so many words! LOL.

I'm in favour of moving to a country where kids don't have to be taken along on holidays. ;) Luckily I don't have kids anyway, so I don't have to worry about that. In fact, I'm thinking of going on a reading holiday some time this year. I've been wanting to do it for ages. I want to go somewhere quiet, preferably where there's no TV, and I plan to leave my computer and iPad at home and just take along stacks of books and do nothing but read for a week. :)

The book lover's holiday isn't that far from the truth :D  When I used to go away camping with my friend's family (all great readers) the mum would take out a huge pile of books from the library and stack the caravan shelves with them (we came from a small town and they obviously bent the rules for borrowing numbers). It was great, if you ran out of your own books to read, you could be guaranteed of finding something interesting in her pile   :readingtwo: 

That sounds wonderful, Poppy!

I was talking to my Mum on the phone today and she was making fun of me because apparently I used to take a book with me everywhere (well, I still do), even when we went out at night-time and there was no chance that I would be able to read in the dark. :D I told her that one must always be prepared!

I was talking to my Mum on the phone today and she was making fun of me because apparently I used to take a book with me everywhere (well, I still do), even when we went out at night-time and there was no chance that I would be able to read in the dark. :D I told her that one must always be prepared!

:D. How is it that most people find that we are odd, to have an emergency reading matter with us AT ALL THE TIME? It is essential for life  :o:giggle2:

Here here!!  :friends3:   :readingtwo:   

WOO HOO :friends3: !! It's so good to be with so many kindred spirits as here. I thought I was the only person in the world who feels like this about books :blush2:  before I stumbled across this forum. (Actually, it was my local library who had a list of book related websites, and that's how I came across with you guys.)  Good old library staff  :kissing:

WOO HOO :friends3: !! It's so good to be with so many kindred spirits as here. I thought I was the only person in the world who feels like this about books :blush2:  before I stumbled across this forum. (Actually, it was my local library who had a list of book related websites, and that's how I came across with you guys.)  Good old library staff  :kissing:

Exactly, we can really feel at home here, with fellow booklovers! :smile2:  :friends3:  And you have some seriously awesome and genius library staff over there! :cool: 

I'm glad you were able to interpret my post, Emelee, because I just read it back and it made no sense to me! :D Instead of saying 'But are all those people in the car?', I meant to say 'But what are all those extra people doing in the car?' I don't know how I managed to leave out so many words! LOL.

The sentence behind it made it clear what you meant. ;) 

In fact, I'm thinking of going on a reading holiday some time this year. I've been wanting to do it for ages. I want to go somewhere quiet, preferably where there's no TV, and I plan to leave my computer and iPad at home and just take along stacks of books and do nothing but read for a week. :)

This sounds quite nice! 

:D. How is it that most people find that we are odd, to have an emergency reading matter with us AT ALL THE TIME? It is essential for life  :o:giggle2: .

:she:

So true!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ooohhh, I'm just itching to use that word now.

Me too. :D There's a couple of good bookish words floating around, but unfortunately they never stick in my mind. :( I should write the words and meanings on cards and study them every day until I learn them by heart. :)

Me too. :D There's a couple of good bookish words floating around, but unfortunately they never stick in my mind. :( I should write the words and meanings on cards and study them every day until I learn them by heart. :)

:giggle2: . I really can't see that I will be able to use these sort of words in a conversation, just in on-line text with other bookworms.  :D  :giggle:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...