Orphan Black

Kylie

Zap-orphan-black-every-clone-played-by-t

Does anyone watch this show? It's not often that I feel compelled to start a topic about a TV show, but this show doesn't seem to be widely known, so I wanted to spread the word and recommend it.

Here's the synopsis from Wikipedia:

'Orphan Black is a Canadian science fiction television series created by screenwriter Graeme Manson and director John Fawcett, starring Tatiana Maslany as several identical people who are revealed to be clones. The series focuses on Sarah Manning, a woman who assumes the identity of one of her clones, Elizabeth Childs, after witnessing Childs' suicide. The series raises issues about the moral and ethical implications of human cloning and its effect on issues of personal identity.'

Tatiana is an incredible actor (as you would have to be to take on so many roles!) It's sassy and funny and packs in quite a lot of action, suspense, and twists and turns. So far there have been two seasons of 10 episodes each, and there is a third season scheduled for next year.

If you're not into science fiction too much, don't let it put you off, because it's not very science-fictiony at all. I rate this series very highly. I've been binge-watching it for a while and have just four episodes left before I'll be caught up. :D

I love 'Orphan Black' its a brilliant show, I, sometimes forget that all the characters are played by the same person because she plays them so well! I have still to finish season 2, I recorded it on TiVo, so pleased you are enjoying it Kylie :)

I can't actually remember that part, but for what it's worth, it's not usually a very violent or gory show, so please don't let it put you off if you're interested in watching it.

ETA: Oh wait, yes, I remember that part now. I looked away.  :lurker: But it really was a one-off thing.

I can't actually remember that part, but for what it's worth, it's not usually a very violent or gory show, so please don't let it put you off if you're interested in watching it.

ETA: Oh wait, yes, I remember that part now. I looked away.  :lurker: But it really was a one-off thing.

That's good to know! :)

• 1 year later...

I just finished watching the third series and loved it!  

The reveal was amazing!  I was not expecting Alison Steadman.  

And Tatiana Maslany is an amazing actress.  Eight parts all different to each other but in subtle ways.  She never exaggerates them.   

And poor Helena just breaks my heart every week.  Those little moments of compassion in amongst all that craziness.  And when she suddenly realises what a normal life is... the look on her face just makes me tear up. 

And then she walks out of the lockup with a bloodied machete.....  

Edited by mirandashell