• Announcements

• Hayley

Signing Up   11/06/2018

Signing Up is once again available. New members are very welcome
    • Hayley

April Supporter Giveaway   04/01/2019

"If you look the right way you can see that the whole world is a garden."   In honour of spring, the April giveaway is a print of this wonderful quote from The Secret Garden (thanks, once again to www.thestorygift.co.uk) along with a Secret Garden tea (Victoria Sponge flavoured!) from the  Literary Tea Company! (You can find them both at their own website theliteraryteacompany.co.uk and at their etsy store www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LiteraryTeaCompany ).   As always, patreon supporters will be entered automatically and if you don't support but want to be included in this month's giveaway you can join the patreon here: www.patreon.com/bookclubforum A winner will be chosen at random on the last day of the month!
Michelle

New Members - Questions, Problems?

New members, if you're experiencing problems with the board, have a question, or are just feeling a little lost, please post here, and we will try to help. :)

To reply to a reply, I think you want to quote someone, so in the bottom right of the post, you should see a button called Quote.  This will put a quote of the post you want to reply to in the Reply to this topic field at the bottom of the thread where you would normally post a reply.

So for example, if I click on the Quote button in your post above, the following appears in the Reply to this topic field:

How do i reply to a reply on a post?
Is it possible to download a profile picture from my computer instead of finding a picture from google images?

It should be possible to add your own photo to your profile.  Click on your username in the top right of the menu bar at the top of the screen, then click on My Profile.  When your profile page appears, click on the Edit My Profile button.  On the My Settings page, click on the Change My Photo button, and you should see three options.  Under the Use A Custom Photo section, in the Upload from file field, click on Choose File and browse to the location of the photo you want to upload. 

You might like to have a look at the Rules, Guidelines and FAQ section which may answer some other questions you have. :)

To reply to a reply, I think you want to quote someone, so in the bottom right of the post, you should see a button called Quote.  This will put a quote of the post you want to reply to in the Reply to this topic field at the bottom of the thread where you would normally post a reply.

So for example, if I click on the Quote button in your post above, the following appears in the Reply to this topic field:

It should be possible to add your own photo to your profile.  Click on your username in the top right of the menu bar at the top of the screen, then click on My Profile.  When your profile page appears, click on the Edit My Profile button.  On the My Settings page, click on the Change My Photo button, and you should see three options.  Under the Use A Custom Photo section, in the Upload from file field, click on Choose File and browse to the location of the photo you want to upload. 

You might like to have a look at the Rules, Guidelines and FAQ section which may answer some other questions you have. :)

Okay, thanks. Nothing happens when i click on choose file - must not be working.  :smile:

There might be a restriction on uploading your own files until you have a certain number of posts, but I'm not sure.  I'll ask the other staff members and let you know.

Unfortunately, we're still not sure whether it's related to the number of posts you've made, but the function is working for others, so this may be the case.  The only thing I can suggest is waiting until you have a few more posts on the board, and then try again.  :)