• Announcements

• Hayley

Something Wicked This Way Comes...   10/09/2019

The Autumn Supporter Giveaway!       Welcome to the very first of the seasonal BCF supporter giveaways! This month also marks one year since I took on the forum, so I want to say an extra huge thank you to all of you for keeping this place going. I have a little bit more to say about that later but, for now, let's get to the giveaway!     The Autumn Giveaway winner will be getting two Penguin Little Black Classics, The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe and To Be Read At Dusk by Charles Dickens. Both of these little books contain three atmospheric short stories, perfect for autumnal evenings. The winner will also get Mary Shelley tea (a lavender and vanilla black tea) from Rosie Lea Tea's Literary Tea Collection (https://www.rosieleatea.co.uk/collections/literary-tea-collection) and a chocolate skull, to really get that spooky atmosphere .   and...   A special treat for a special month. The winner will choose one of the following recent paperback releases from the independent bookshop Big Green Bookshop:       The Wych Elm by Tana French A House of Ghosts by W.C. Ryan Melmoth by Sarah Perry The Familiars by Stacey Halls  The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White   The winner will be chosen via the usual random selection process in one week. Patreon supporters are entered automatically. If you aren't a patreon supporter but you'd like to join in with this giveaway, you can support here: https://www.patreon.com/bookclubforum.   I really hope you're all going to like this introduction to the seasonal giveaways. It's been a lot of fun to put together. Other chocolate skulls may have been harmed during the selection process…     
Virginia

What's the weather like?

The weather here has been great recently - not too hot, but very sunny. Still too hot for me of course, but I can accept it wasn't objectively that hot :lol: Bit cloudier now, and hopefully cooler this weekend, but dry. Apparently the top half of the country is gonna get rain for the next few days but us down here in the south are safe!

Chilly but bright and sunny spring day here...daffies are nice and cheery in the garden.

The weather is pretty nice here. 60, sunny and a little breezy, which is perfect. This morning the fog was so dense you could barely see a creeper in front of you!

Wow, snow :o! In April.

It's been mostly cloudy here, not much rain and a bit of sunshine sometimes. It's not been that warm, in the early teens of degrees C (~12 - 14 °C I think, maximum). But it's also not terribly cold so it could be worse.

It was a big grey this morning, but it's gradually brightened up during the day, although it's definitely on the cool side.

It was very cold first thing when I was driving into work but seems to be a bit brighter outside now.

13 hours ago, chesilbeach said:

Quite cold, especially first thing this morning, but still bright and sunny, so just lovely. :smile2:  

Same here!

It's going to stay cold for a while, and more rain is also on its way. But right now it's sunny which is lovely :).

What an amazing weekend we have just had, so hot, I love it when it is like that get so much more reading done, ok so chores don't get done but they will still be there the next day.  Not too good on this Monday morning, dull, overcast and was trying to drizzle.

We had a mixed weekend - dull on Saturday, with a bit of drizzle and rain, then started very dull yesterday, but got better and was quite warm later in the afternoon.  Dull again now and meant to get quite cold.

It's been quite cold here for the time of year. Not much rain, some clouds and some sunshine, sometimes a bit of a breeze. Elsewhere in the country though there were hailstorms.

Same here Athena, bitterly cold winds and we've got hail forecast, and the more northern parts of the UK are still having some snow.