What's the weather like?

Virginia

Yes, great pics Athena, we have yet to see snow in Southern England, the kids are desperate for it, I'm not particularly keen but I'd like for Jojo to see some as we didn't get any last year when she was a puppy. It's a bit warmer here today, up to 8/9 degrees apparently which is much better as I won't need gloves for dog training, they are such a hindrance! :D

Yesterday it snowed and the past few days we've had pretty cold temperatures. Some of the snow melted yesterday afternoon, some of it is still there today. Temperatures are below freezing temperature (0 C) because the snow is not melting. It does however give some very pretty pictures (taken yesterday):

attachicon.gif10940580_650830948355255_4493666295978712200_n.jpg

attachicon.gif10428077_650831091688574_4466960954059138741_n.jpg

attachicon.gif1904204_650830995021917_4873980211293639990_n.jpg

The weatherpeople predict it will be slightly above 0 C tomorrow, and expect more rain and wind later this week.

Those pics are so gorgeous!! 

It was nice here in Fargo today. Got up to 43 and was sunny most of the day. It looks like spring outside. :D

It was nice here in Fargo today. Got up to 43 and was sunny most of the day. It looks like spring outside. :D

Don't fall for Mother Nature's tricks, Abby! She's a mean one, since it's still January and -0 temps are lurking around the corner. At least the first day of actual spring is less than 2 months away now! :D

It was warm here today too... Low 40's.

I left work and it was dry … within two steps of being out of the building, it started to hail, by the time I got to the car (within 30 seconds) it has started to snow, and as I reversed out of my space, the car park was white as the snow had covered it.  I started to drive home, and I got to the motorway ten minutes later (it's about four or five miles from work) and it was blue skies and bright sunshine in front of me and big grey snow clouds behind! :D

Wow, strange weather, Chesil!

Abby, I've been meaning to re-watch Groundhog Day for a while now. Maybe I should try to watch it tomorrow then!

I'm so jealous of everyone's snow. :( We've been a lovely, mild summer here for the past couple of weeks. We had plenty of rain last week, and there were a few rumbles of thunder before, but very little rain. I'm enjoying the overcast skies and cool temperatures while they last. :)

Abby, I've been meaning to re-watch Groundhog Day for a while now. Maybe I should try to watch it tomorrow then!

Slightly off topic, but I really like this film :).

We're having more snow today, it snowed during the night and it's snowing a bit now. There is a layer of snow on most places on the ground, though it's not that thick, yet at least.

Wow, strange weather, Chesil!

I'm so jealous of everyone's snow. :( We've been a lovely, mild summer here for the past couple of weeks. We had plenty of rain last week, and there were a few rumbles of thunder before, but very little rain. I'm enjoying the overcast skies and cool temperatures while they last. :)

You know, I've never actually seen the film! 

Phil saw his shadow so we have another 6 weeks of winter. Darn groundhog. I was hoping for an early spring!

It's like early spring in Joensuu. I think the winter in Espoo is like a 3-4 month long spring :wub: It has it's benefits! 

Kylie, I saw the same clip and wanted to post it to you but FB said I wasn't allowed for some reason :D

Edit: As an answer to your question... Lick it? :giggle2: 

Edited by frankie

Frankie, Espoo must be down south? 

It's pretty much as south as you can get in Finland :) A very different climate from what I'm used to! I'm wearing my autumn jacket throughout the winter :D :D

Abby, has Winny been outside to meet the snow yet? :) 

Edited by frankie

It has been wonderfully cold in Ireland for the past couple of weeks. It has snowed a couple of times at night, doesn't settle though. Absolutely loving it - every time I start to get agitated about being too cold, I just recall how last summer even the shower water on fully-cold was lukewarm and I had no way to cool down whatsoever. Long may this cold last! :D