What's the weather like?

Virginia

I hope Kylie is alright. They are having a record breaking heatwave in Sydney, temperatures up to 44C today in some parts and even higher tomorrow. Even worse, they're having power outages due to the high electricity demand from air conditioning :(

I hope she is okay too :(.

Here it snowed overnight and in the morning. There's a white layer on the ground, though some bits are slowly melting and others are not.

Apparently it snowed in most of the Netherlands last night, but not in the south (where I live) or in the very north-east. The snow we had yesterday has melted and now the ground is snow-less. It's still a bit cold though. It should be warmer in a couple of days.

I hope Kylie is alright. They are having a record breaking heatwave in Sydney, temperatures up to 44C today in some parts and even higher tomorrow. Even worse, they're having power outages due to the high electricity demand from air conditioning :(

Naw, thanks Poppy.  :friends3:

We've had the most insanely hot summer I can ever remember. It's been absolutely horrible. Most years we get just one or two days over 40C (104F) during the entire summer—and those rare days are usually followed by cooler weather in the form of a southerly breeze and a thunderstorm at the end of the day. But this year we've easily had one or two days per week over 40C. I also live in the hottest part of Sydney, and when it finally cools down in other parts of the city, it doesn't out here because we're too far from the sea breeze. I read today that my suburb was the tenth hottest place on the planet yesterday, with a temp of 46.9C (116.4F). :( And the worst thing is that we don't get the cool change to make up for it at the end of the day.

In January we had 8 days over 40C and another 6 days between 35C and 40C. In the first 12 days of February, we've had 3 days over 40C and 4 between 35C and 40C. The moment you walk into the sun, you can feel your skin start burning. Argh. I never thought I'd say this, but I long for the days when the temp only reached 35C! We've actually had a rare cool change tonight. I can't remember the last time I felt cool air on my skin! I just stood outside for ages in wonder and excitement. :D

I'm planning to move up into the mountains later this year, where it's consistently around 6+ degrees cooler than my current hometown, and it even snows in winter. I can't wait!!

I'm glad you're allright Kylie, but that sounds like insanely hot weather! I don't think I could do it, I get quite uncomfortable above 30 °C. The move to the mountains sounds nice, though I guess there are also benefits to living in a huge town like Sydney.

But this year we've easily had one or two days per week over 40C. I also live in the hottest part of Sydney, and when it finally cools down in other parts of the city, it doesn't out here because we're too far from the sea breeze. I read today that my suburb was the tenth hottest place on the planet yesterday, with a temp of 46.9C (116.4F). :(

I physically couldn't cope with that, I struggle with mid twenties C. I would curl up on the ground and cry, dehydrating myself more, until I dried out to death. :roll:

Weather here is miserable, endlessly drizzly and not cold enough for me (Met Eireann says it's about 7-10 degrees) but hey, I'll take it over heat.

Naw, thanks Poppy.  :friends3:

We've had the most insanely hot summer I can ever remember. It's been absolutely horrible. Most years we get just one or two days over 40C (104F) during the entire summer—and those rare days are usually followed by cooler weather in the form of a southerly breeze and a thunderstorm at the end of the day. But this year we've easily had one or two days per week over 40C. I also live in the hottest part of Sydney, and when it finally cools down in other parts of the city, it doesn't out here because we're too far from the sea breeze. I read today that my suburb was the tenth hottest place on the planet yesterday, with a temp of 46.9C (116.4F). :( And the worst thing is that we don't get the cool change to make up for it at the end of the day.

In January we had 8 days over 40C and another 6 days between 35C and 40C. In the first 12 days of February, we've had 3 days over 40C and 4 between 35C and 40C. The moment you walk into the sun, you can feel your skin start burning. Argh. I never thought I'd say this, but I long for the days when the temp only reached 35C! We've actually had a rare cool change tonight. I can't remember the last time I felt cool air on my skin! I just stood outside for ages in wonder and excitement. :D

I'm planning to move up into the mountains later this year, where it's consistently around 6+ degrees cooler than my current hometown, and it even snows in winter. I can't wait!!

And the fires now! I do hope it cools down for you soon, Kylie and they get all the fires under control :friends0: (although the last thing you probably want now is a hot sweaty hug!!) Parts of NZ have bad fires at the moment too, very scary stuff.