What's the weather like?

Virginia

Sludge is the word Frankie...that said, when my Finnish gets to the level of your English...I will be very happy.

Just goes to show, we can't even decide on the same words within the UK, let alone in the English language as a whole, so the quality of your English is brilliant, frankie! :D

It always amazes me, Frankie, that you and Gaia are not native speakers of English; your English skills are really that good!

^^^^^^^^^^^^Absolutely!!^^^^^^^^^^^^  I am in complete awe, to tell the truth. :cool:  :yes:

You guys rock .....you speak better English than a whole lot of native born English speakers! :friends3:

Weather here for New Years Eve ....raining and a pleasant 19C instead of a very hot and muggy 26C + yesterday. Might put the dampers on a few revellers though.

Edited by poppy

It always amazes me, Frankie, that you and Gaia are not native speakers of English; your English skills are really that good!

Thank you :blush2::).

Here the snow is melting, it's just above freezing temperature I believe. It's nice it's becoming a bit warmer again, though we'll have to watch for slipperyness. I'm glad though it's thawing a bit. Snow kept falling off the roofs of the houses and there was a huge patch above the door so whenever I wanted to go into the farm from the bakery (through the 'serre' / conservatory) I was afraid it would fall right on top of me (it almost did, twice).

Actually you are probably right about slush Frankie. Chesil is correct with her definition I feel.

Sorry Frankie, I've checked and you are spot on!! Slush it is actually.

No worries! :) There are regional differences to any language! :) 

Just received a notification from the Weather service that we are under a tornado watch and heavy thunderstorms are headed this way.  A watch isn't as bad as a warning though! :)

Batten down the hatches, Kate ! Stay safe .

We had freezing rain and sleet here this morning ,but just rain now .

Ouch, that's about the worst kind of cold! 

Black ice on roads;sunny day today, really cold.

Double ouch!  Black ice....the most dangerous I think!  Hope you don't have to drive much!

We are in for a stretch of cold, and getting colder weather here.  Right on the dot of freezing tonight, then up a few degrees, then finally down to 17F/--8C. by Thursday night.  :help:

By day here it is still 9-11 degrees celsius and at night it doesn't drop below 0 (being as high as 6 or 7 degrees some nights).

I'm bordering on done with this country - we had a relentlessly hot summer of mid- to high- twenties, which is hot for Ireland and lasted til OCTOBER, and now we're not even getting proper cold in January. There's actually snow everywhere else like, in the UK and Europe, even if it's not much. And nope Ireland's just here being all tropical. So annoying. (I hate heat, and love the cold.)

Edited by Nollaig

Windy and freezing!  Although, I just learned not to say freezing to people who live where it actually freezes, as they believe you are actually in the freezing temperatures.  :giggle2: It's about 45F/ 7C.  But the wind- Brrrrr.

COLD. I believe the meteorologists are calling what we are in an 'arctic blast.' -12 f to be exact. Brrr!

Are you in the South East?  I hear its to be down to actual freezing there.

Edited by Anna Begins

We're just catching the Southern end of the Arctjc blast.....coming in tomorrow morning.  The lows here will be starting tomorrow night 18F/--7C, 24F/--4C, 29F/--1C. 

It'll even freeze in New Orleans tomorrow night! :)