What's the weather like?

Virginia

Wow Kolinahr, that sounds really warm to me!

Here the weather has been okay. Yesterday's night, not the past night but the night before that, was the coldest night in 23 years (on the 10 - 11th of August). It wasn't very warm yesterday during the day, it was around 14 °C I think. Today they predict it will be warmer, just above 20 °C (maximum temperature). Because it's cold outside it's got colder inside too. The heater is off (because, it's August!), and it's now just doable inside. The bakery isn't very well isolated, so if it gets colder outside it quickly gets colder in the bakery too (the bakery is where I live). In the main house (where my parents live), it's an allright temperature, it's better isolated there.

Heh, yes. Take my 'cool and breezy' with a grain of salt. But your weather sounds great, actually. I love the cold, and there's something so comforting about a brisk summer day. Dutch weather is usually nice and windy, too, which is always fun. 

Temps in the 40s and humidity....well that's the UAE out for me then! :) As an asthmatic, humidity is a real struggle for me. Dry heat, with a breeze, I can manage nicely - and that's what we have today! Yay! Just been out for breakfast with my wife and now I'm off for a drive to my favourite bookshop. :) Have a good day, all!

Temps in the 40s and humidity....well that's the UAE out for me then! :) As an asthmatic, humidity is a real struggle for me. Dry heat, with a breeze, I can manage nicely - and that's what we have today! Yay! Just been out for breakfast with my wife and now I'm off for a drive to my favourite bookshop. :) Have a good day, all!

I originally come from a region I used to think of as humid, generally about 60% humidity in summer, but UAE is far worse, typically between 85% and all the way up to 100% humidity. On days like that, people actually walk around with scarves thrown over their heads, and I breathe into my sleeve for a few minutes when I step outside so that I don't vomit from inhaling the moisture--which has literally happened. I'm not asthmatic, and I can't even imagine what life would be like here with breathing problems. 

Breakfast out followed by bookshop sounds like a great morning. Hope you made some good finds!

Same, I'm asthmatic and Ireland gets insanely humid, it's like walking around in a sauna. It's awful. My hair doesn't cope very well with it either!

Today the day started off foggy but it's clearly now. I suspect it's going to be unpleasantly warm.

Here it hasn't been too bad.  Rainy, but NOTHING like just (barely) to the West of us.  OMG, what those poor people have gone through, and have to yet go through.  Flooding, thousands are out of their homes, their homes are gone....just gone.  http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/18/us/louisiana-flooding/

We are still getting a bit of rain every day, but that only keeps the temperatures down, and that's welcome.

I feel bad for those people, such an event must be terrible :(. I'm glad you are okay, Kate.

We had sunshine yesterday, but also some clouds and a bit of rain. Today it's cloudy and they predict it will rain later today. After a few more bleh days (albeit with good temperatures), they predict it will be warmer and sunnier in a couple of days from now, and that we'll have 'summery' weather for a little while.

It's going to be warm and sunny today, and in the next few days as well or so they predict. It makes a nice change from all the rain. I hope it won't be too hot, but I am looking forward to having a barbecue next weekend (hopefully).

Yesterday was horribly hot, travelling was unbearable - yep Transport for London, the organisation that air conditioning (apart from about 3 tube lines) forgot...and the bus was even worse, not much better at home although it did cool down a bit, then heated up again, had a brief shower just before 2200, then it got really hot during the night and I woke at about 2.30 and it was awful.  Cooler today and looking like rain, just in time for lunch of course! :o

Here it hasn't been too bad.  Rainy, but NOTHING like just (barely) to the West of us.  OMG, what those poor people have gone through, and have to yet go through.  Flooding, thousands are out of their homes, their homes are gone....just gone.  http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/18/us/louisiana-flooding/

We are still getting a bit of rain every day, but that only keeps the temperatures down, and that's welcome.

They showed some of that on our news. So sad. :(