What's the weather like?

Virginia

Yesterday the weather was pretty bad here. The one good thing was that the temperature was pleasant. But it rained and thundered for most of the day and the sky was quite dark. In other places of the country, some streets were flooded. Today the sky is lighter and they predict it won't rain as much as yesterday. This whole week though the weatherpeople predict a lot of rain.

It is very windy here although we do have some blue sky. 

I have just had to laugh because looking at the clouds they were forming an X do you think they are trying to tell me that now BGT has finished should get ready for X factor.

just a thought.

We got all that rain this morning, it was horrendous going to work, especially as my useless train company had problems so we were all kept hanging around outside the station for ages, then when they let us in had to wait nearly 20 mins for a train.  Stopped now but still drizzly and cold.  At least it wasn't bad over the weekend, quite sunny (eventually) on Sunday and on Saturday evening, but very dull and windy yesterday.  Did want to go to the garden centre but it was so miserable I just went shopping instead!

Too bleedin hot. Approx 23 degrees outside, but in my office from midday on, I'm in a tiny room with 8 foot windows magnifying a direct view of the sun without any air conditioning. It is brutal. Yesterday I had sweat dripping down my face, just sitting at my desk. I suspect today will be the same.

Screw that. Just. How. HOW. WHY, even. 

22C here today and the minute I got in the door from my crawl home from work I climbed into a cold shower.

Lol. I just saw your other post, too. We've been sitting around the 97/36 degree mark here. Today is only supposed to be 95/35, but 89% humidity and no rain in the forecast until tomorrow. I haven't been here for a full summer, but apparently it's just getting started.

Lol. I just saw your other post, too. We've been sitting around the 97/36 degree mark here. Today is only supposed to be 95/35, but 89% humidity and no rain in the forecast until tomorrow. I haven't been here for a full summer, but apparently it's just getting started.

We get the humidity too, often up to 100%, which makes it much harder to bear the heat. It's probably also worth noting that Ireland tends to lack air conditioning. Houses, older buildings/workplaces etc have no means of coping with the heat. My room is unpleasant at night, to say the least.

We get the humidity too, often up to 100%, which makes it much harder to bear the heat. It's probably also worth noting that Ireland tends to lack air conditioning. Houses, older buildings/workplaces etc have no means of coping with the heat. My room is unpleasant at night, to say the least.

No a/c is no fun! The humidity does make it much worse, doesn't it? I've heard that dry heat, even at very high temperatures, is much more bearable -- never been lucky enough to live anywhere with dry heat, but so they say. ;) I usually spend my summer months a slimy, frizzy mess.

No a/c is no fun! The humidity does make it much worse, doesn't it? I've heard that dry heat, even at very high temperatures, is much more bearable -- never been lucky enough to live anywhere with dry heat, but so they say. ;) I usually spend my summer months a slimy, frizzy mess.

Yep, that sounds about right. I just suffer so badly with the heat - moreso than most Irish people, for whatever reason. I dehydrate and get headaches very easily, get very lethargic, sweat buckets and all of that makes me bad tempered. In the winter I'm in heaven, everyone around me complaining that it's too cold when it's 4/5/6 degrees and I just love it. Refreshing and makes me want to get up and move. Heat makes me want to faceplant on the ground and never move again.

You really do have heat intolerance - I would find that a lovely temperature!

I just sat in my garden there for a bit, in the shade, with my feet in the sunshine, and the warmth on my feet was absolutely lovely. When I stood in the sun for a couple of minutes, so all of me was getting the heat, it felt imposing. Couldn't stick it for long. Back in my room now with possibly slightly sunburnt toes! I know, I really am intolerant. But at least I don't also hate the cold - I know some people who need it to be a very specific temperature in the middle. Anything under 15C I'm delighted with.