What's the weather like?

Virginia

Hmmm, what are Alaskan Sneakers??

I agree, it is hilarious in a way.  It's all about preparedness, people! :lol:

It was in the 40s here today, yippee!

Well, I couldn't remember what wellingtons are called in AmE so I wikied for fun, and there was a long list of words used for rubber boots. I thought Alaskan Sneakers sounded really funny :lol: 

Yeah people, be prepared!!!! :D 

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh, its bracing and bitterly cold for my region. The windchill factor makes the real feel temp seem like its 31f or lower. Actually, I'm glad I had to pick the boys up. Now we don't have to go out again. Just hope hubby doesn't have any road calls tonight.

Well, I couldn't remember what wellingtons are called in AmE so I wikied for fun, and there was a long list of words used for rubber boots. I thought Alaskan Sneakers sounded really funny :lol:

I guess Alaskan sneakers makes sense, Frankie, since boots are probably the most common thing to wear up there!  In my neck of the woods we probably call Wellingtons as rain boots, galoshes or rubber boots.  

I wish bitterly cold meant 31f in my state, Virginia!  Then I could wear short sleeves in February!  It's 9f here today :(.  -12C...

I guess Alaskan sneakers makes sense, Frankie, since boots are probably the most common thing to wear up there!  In my neck of the woods we probably call Wellingtons as rain boots, galoshes or rubber boots.  

Yep, makes sense :D Interesting to hear what you guys would call them. When I googled the list of the different names for the shoes, rubber boots sounded the most familiar and that's what I would normally use. But the British members on here are having an effect on my American English...  :censored:   :lol: :lol: 

I wish bitterly cold meant 31f in my state, Virginia!  Then I could wear short sleeves in February!  It's 9f here today :(.  -12C...

Hot Cold damn! Well it's been colder there, right? It could be worse... But I hope it gets warmer soon  :empathy:   Over here we're having +1C weather at the moment. Snow's melting... 

Cold and sunny here. The days seem a bit longer. Just two weeks ago it would be dark as I took the boys to catch the school bus, now the sun is up. The sun doesn't set til after 5pm. As I was walking this morning I noticed some Crepe Myrtle trees starting to bloom. Not sure but I think this is too early, way too early. 

It's got colder again, although it's definitely getting lighter - still light when I left work just after 5, and this morning it was about half-light just after 7.  I've noticed a few magnolias out too, bit early I agree.