What's the weather like?

Virginia

Chilly, a bit wet, a bit grey.  Nothing too worry about thankfully - pleased we've missed out on the snow in my part of the country, as I hate driving in it and I seem to always be one of the few who attempts driving into work, so end up in an almost empty office. :irked:

It's quite cold here, compared to usual temperatures here, it's I think -7 °C outside. I went for a dog walk through the cold. After a while it wasn't so bad, we were bundled up well. I'm still cold though inside, but no wonder as my thermometer showed there was a reason for that. I hope the heating / heater will make it warmer inside soon. Frost is on the ground and on the roofs. It hasn't snowed nor rained around here though, so that's good. It's a little bit sunny in fact. I think it's probably colder higher up north in the country, it might have snowed there too.

It's been dark and thickly overcast all day here. It didn't actually brighten up at all, it's been darker outside than my office with lights all day.

Don't think it's raining though, so I'm happy. I actually love dry days with low hanging thick cloud - it's like a big blanket over everything.

Pretty cold this morning ... -1ºC when I got to the car this morning and a good amount of frost to scrape off, and as I drove into work (away from the coast and inland) it dropped to -4ºC, so a chilly walk into the office from the car park.  Dry and bright when I left, with a lovely orange sunset, but the temp is falling again now.  Nothing compared to Abby and Peacefield, but cold enough for me! :D

Thanks!  It's been much warmer the last few days - there was a graphic on the weather this morning showing the difference between last week and this week in a few places in Scotland, and one was -12ºC last Tuesday and +12ºC today!  Looks like the storm that hit the east of the US over the last few days will be heading our way tomorrow, but will be rain rather than snow in my area. Very heavy rain forecast from tomorrow lunchtime onwards :(

Yes, the east coast got it bad this past weekend, but in the grand scheme of things there have been worse blizzards!  I think DC got upwards of 4 feet (121cm) but I checked today and it's very warm so it'll be melting quickly!  When we get snowfall totals like that in the Midwest no one bats an eye but not so with the east coast.  Figures! 

You're warmer than us today, Frankie!  Yahoo for t-shirt weather!!  :b7ydance:

Good news is, the first day of Spring is less than 2 months away, yeah!!

Yes, the east coast got it bad this past weekend, but in the grand scheme of things there have been worse blizzards!  I think DC got upwards of 4 feet (121cm) but I checked today and it's very warm so it'll be melting quickly!  When we get snowfall totals like that in the Midwest no one bats an eye but not so with the east coast.  Figures! 

You're warmer than us today, Frankie!  Yahoo for t-shirt weather!!  :b7ydance:

Good news is, the first day of Spring is less than 2 months away, yeah!!

121cm is a lot! But I know what you mean. That's all normal where I come from, but Helsinki is just like east coast. Everything comes to a halt :D It's hilarious. (Well, not when the trams and buses and subway are running late, but otherwise it's kinda funny.)

More of the T-shirt weather today... I've needed my ... Alaskan Sneakers :D 

Bring on spring!! :exc: And bring on the sunshine...!! 

121cm is a lot! But I know what you mean. That's all normal where I come from, but Helsinki is just like east coast. Everything comes to a halt :D It's hilarious. (Well, not when the trams and buses and subway are running late, but otherwise it's kinda funny.)

More of the T-shirt weather today... I've needed my ... Alaskan Sneakers :D

Bring on spring!! :exc: And bring on the sunshine...!! 

Hmmm, what are Alaskan Sneakers??

I agree, it is hilarious in a way.  It's all about preparedness, people! :lol:

It was in the 40s here today, yippee!