Virginia

What's the weather like?

2,038 posts in this topic

50 shades of grey sums up the weather.

It's about -5C with light snow here.

However, the pictures below are a mere 10 miles or so from where I am. They got 48 inches of snow overnight and the national guard came in to dig the streets. It is by a lake, and when the 'lake effect snow' comes, it can come fast. There is another 30 inches forecast tonight. I'm not sure if it will come nearer to me.

423137_LOCAL_snow_HICKE_60.jpg

snow.jpg

Edited by Duncan

Wow! That's a lot of snow! The weather here is allright at the moment. Mainly cloudy, sometimes some rain. It's not very warm but not very cold either. Can't complain really at this time of year :).

Ooh, it's beautiful, Duncan!

The weather's pretty strange where I am at the moment. Last night and this morning, it was really cold. Then in the afternoon it got pretty warm, only for me to be shivering again an hour or so later. :(

This was the view from my window this morning. I ride my bicycle to the lab I work in, it took a bit longer to get there today:

IMG_20141119_081111.jpg

I've heard about some of the sudden high levels of snow in the US. Holding off here, just wet and cold so far. Suspect it's coming though...

Yeah, the snow in the northern parts of the US, was on our news on TV yesterday. Brrr! Here it might be a bit cold but not that cold yet! Maximum temperature is about 9 C today, minimum around freezing temp I think (it definitely froze last night at least).

The weather has been much colder the past few days and it looks to be continuing that way. Brrr! I really want my new heater.

Because I've been feeling cold, I'm having some warm soup. I find that having something hot to eat or drink, makes me feel warmer inside, so these temperatures seem a good excuse for that :).

Back to work today, and the weather is a little bit colder, although not much, but as usual, the office was flipping cold!   :cold:  Extra layers and a thicker jumper needed tomorrow.

We are having Spring-like weather for the week, after a couple of freezing nights last week.  It's 'sit outside and read in the sun' weather. :)

For the past two days the weather here could be summed up in one word, sombre. :(

Definitely dropped a few degrees today … we've just lit the wood burner for the evening, and it's just getting toasty. :smile2:

It's been raining all morning, bleh! But gladly in the afternoon it cleared up a bit.

It's a day of rain here as well. But it's to clear for tomorrow and cooler. Right now it is just so damp and chilly.

-3 degrees Celsius, no wind, and cloudy skies. The weather's perfect :smile2: So beautiful with the snow!