What's the weather like?

Virginia

The weather is nuts today. One minute, gorgeous clear blue sunny skies, the next, absolutely torrential rain and wind. Luckily I didn't get caught in the rain, and I don't have to go out for the whole rest of the day!

It was a wet old day, but it cleared up a bit just as husband and I decided to go out for a long walk in a local National Trust park. 'Twas a lovely walk along soggy paths and under drippy trees, watching ducks on the lake and little ones splashing in puddles.  

Raining here in Kent too. Raincoat with hood, wellies and umbrella weather.

3 year old girl? What about those cut out dresses to stick on dolls. New fangled ones come in books and are ready-cut and plasticky and very popular. Hope you get some good ideas.

No, 3 year old boy. :) We found some coloured pencils that needed sharpening into points and then he decided that sharpening was the best thing ever and proceeded to sharpen the other ends of them at various places around the house despite being repeatedly told to 'do it over the bin'. :rolleyes:

Then we went for a late lunch in a pub, and got back in time for some friends to visit the baby. They bought him some chocolate cars, which he proceeded to eat all of, at which point he went a bit crazy for a while, had several timeouts, then watched some rubbish nursery rhyme songs on you tube before collapsing in a sugar induced coma so we put him straight to bed. :lol: Nursery for him tomorrow - far easier day for us ;)

Another awful day with biblical arc type weather in the evening. We had put some washing out on Sunday morning and left it out there as it got rained on, dried a bit, rained on, dried a bit, ad infinitum, until I gave up with it this evening, shoved it back in the machine for another wash & spin cycle, then hung it indoors on the clothes horse to dry. :rolleyes:

Four days ago, it was unbelievably hot (38 °C), now it's quite cold. It was 6 °C this morning. Gladly the temperature is going up now that it's getting later in the day, but it's predicted it will be ~17 °C maximum for a while, with some rain. I had to wear my winter coat this morning during our dogwalk!

• 2 weeks later...