What's the weather like?

Virginia

Today is going to be a really hot day. The sky is blue and it's already pretty hot. It might get ~33 C. In the late afternoon or in the evening though they predict rain and thunderstorms and it will cool down.

It is hot and going to get hotter. I was outside watering the flowers and shrubs for about an hour in 90* F heat. I am soaked from sweating.  Monday and Tuesday it is supposed to get up to 95* F.

Looks like we'll be doing triple digits with no real chance of rain for the next two weeks. Its really weird experiencing summer in a city. The heat is more palpable and fierce. We're we moved from we dealt with humidity but we were also surrounded by water and nice breezes. Here the heat bounces off the pavements and asphalt and you feel cooked (well done). One thing about living were we do and working were we work is that while its business attire, our attire includes sleeveless dresses and low/flat sandals! No one looks down at you because your not in heels and suits. 

It's been raining heavily here all day.  We have severe flooding all over the city.  Every road in and out of our city is under water.  The river is almost over its banks.  And the rain is supposed to keep going at least until Sunday.  Luckily our house should be ok, but it's not good for others in town.  The street my street runs off of was under about a foot of water earlier today. 

The rain has stopped, for now.  There's still a lot of flooding in my city.  There's another storm forecast for Tuesday, so more rain, probably more flooding.

Yikes, bookmonkey, that's scary! I hope everyone's safe!

Today is sunny and warm, so I'm inside with the curtains drawn and the a/c on.