What's the weather like?

Virginia

We have had a beautiful week here in South Lanarkshire.  Sun, blue skies, the whole shebang.  I think there were a couple of mornings earlier in the week where it was a tad frosty too, but overall it has been a really lovely week.  I’ve even put my winter coat away and gotten my lighter one out, which means it will no doubt snow in the next week or two!

It's been lovely here too, bit chilly in the morning and overnight but glorious sunshine - did a lovely walk today and went to the oldest wooden church in the world.

Meant to cool down next week though!

We’ve had another lovely week here this past week, sunshine, blue skies but with the occasional fluttering of snow.  Also loving the fact that the blossom on the trees is out in full bloom or in some cases just beginning to show itself. I love blossom trees!

• 2 months later...
On 8/25/2020 at 9:41 AM, Marie H said:

It's "10 degrees of hell" hot here in South Carolina. It's got my eczema acting up. I try to find the best times to water my outdoor plants but if I don't get them watered by dawn's early light, I can't water them later because the water and sun will wither them. I try to do it in the evening but the heat and sun don't go down until about 2000. I'm already showered and ready for bed!

3 minutes ago, Madeleine said:

Meant to be very hot here today, especially down in the South East, lower mid 30s, only for one day though, then cooler and wetter, back to 20s next week.

Lower  mid thirties would be warm but pleasant here in SW France! It's forecast to be 41 in Bordeaux tomorrow and I have three shifts, two of which involve taking groups on walks, one in the afternoon and one in the afternoon.

3 hours ago, France said:

Lower  mid thirties would be warm but pleasant here in SW France! It's forecast to be 41 in Bordeaux tomorrow and I have three shifts, two of which involve taking groups on walks, one in the afternoon and one in the afternoon.

Is that not getting towards dangerous, being outside in 41 degree heat? I start getting suicidal when it gets to mid twenties and climbing towards 30, I just can't imagine 41 degrees

Edited by lunababymoonchild

I agree and I can't imagine the guests wanting to spend 45 minutes walking around in that heat even if I say we'll keep to the shady side of the street. The evening one doesn't start till 9.30 but it's forecast to still be 33° at 9.

Went to the Kent coast today and it was much cooler, had some sunny bits but it was generally cloudy and very windy, also had a few short showers.

hay fever still really bad though!

quite nice at the moment, still windy.  Meant to be late 20s around midweek then going down again for the weekend, so shouldn't be as sweltering, hopefully.  Quite chilly last night too.

Woke up to temps in the 60s. It's now 84 degrees and relatively pleasant. I actually got out and watered my plants and herbs and puttered around outside without feeling like I was melting. The rest of the week will be teasing the triple digits with two days actually committing to three digits. 

We went out and bought Nerf water guns and a plastic pool for the littles to cool off in when they are over here. 

15 hours ago, Hayley said:

On the plus side, this is better than consistently dreary, right!? Also sums up our current weather; very changeable.

LOL! I'd almost wish for it because then I'd know what to expect! Today we have rain and it looks like we'll be in it for at least a week and a half. We need it so I won't complain (like that helps). My plants are getting watered without any help from me. The rain HAS dropped the temps by double digits so there's that. 

• 2 weeks later...

We have been very lucky here in Scotland just recently.  It's been warm as we'd expect but not blistering and we have had rain two days running. England and Wales are experiencing a heat wave with temperatures in the thirties and possibly forty degrees (I do not know how to cope with that!).

Edited by lunababymoonchild

Bit cooler today, quite a nice breeze.  Not looking forward to the high temps - will be mid 30s so not quite as bad as they said - but hopefully it'll only be for a couple of days.

A hot day here.

We went for a walk at 6 this morning, which was lovely, but you could feel the heat rising. We have been cave dwellers (indoors with curtains closed and windows open) since midday. We may have a cuppa outside maybe around seven, when it has cooled down again.

Tomorrow and Tuesday are due to be much hotter, so we will follow the same pattern to hopefully keep the worst of the heat at bay.  

It wasn't too hot here today and nice and dull. Watered me plants, watered some weedkiller around the weeds who aren't dying fast enough for me and took the rubbish out (with 4 different council bins that's not as simple a task as it sounds). Did some more Bargello - I'm making a set of coasters - it's unbelievably simple to do but looks very effective and is very calming. Also read a bit of my paper book and started an e-book on my new Kindle in addition to consuming (I suppose that's what it's called) much in the way of Apple News. Oh, and I watched a bit of TV too. We are now braced for impact as tomorrow is forecast to be extremely hot, although not as hot as predicted in England.