What's the weather like?

Virginia

1 hour ago, Brian. said:

I checked the weather forecast from two different sources this morning with both saying no rain before 2pm. So I decided to grab my camera and do some wildlife photogrpahy this morning and promptly got absolutely soaked at 10:30 :D

Never go out without checking: Weather Radar - Live UK Rainfall Radar | Netweather!

7 hours ago, Brian. said:

I checked the weather forecast from two different sources this morning with both saying no rain before 2pm. So I decided to grab my camera and do some wildlife photogrpahy this morning and promptly got absolutely soaked at 10:30 :D

That is seriously unlucky. I suppose some animals do like the rain though. If we had a day where it rained loads my nan used to look out of the window and say 'it's nice weather for ducks!' :lol:

I am very disappointed by the temperature tonight. I thought the stuffy nights were over but it's still 18 degrees here with 91% humidity :(

10 hours ago, Hayley said:

That is seriously unlucky. I suppose some animals do like the rain though. If we had a day where it rained loads my nan used to look out of the window and say 'it's nice weather for ducks!' :lol:

I am very disappointed by the temperature tonight. I thought the stuffy nights were over but it's still 18 degrees here with 91% humidity :(

The birds I tend to photograph certainly aren’t bothered by the rain. I’m not particularly bothered by it but my wildlife lens isn’t really weather sealed. It’s fine for the odd shower but in a pour down I’m worried water will get inside and break it.

• 3 months later...

I think this is one of the wettest, greyest Christmases I can remember in a long time, it's rained pretty much constantly since Christmas Eve, a few brief respites yesterday and on Christmas Day, and has been so dull.  It was also foggy for a while last night, but did clear up after a while.

Very dreich, as they say in Scotland!:snowsign:

• 1 month later...

Wasn't quite as bad as I thought it would be here, in fact we had more rain today, it was windy and several neighbours' recycling boxes decided to take shelter in our front garden - I put our boxes in the shed, along with several plant pots, brushes, buckets etc, you can't get in there now.  Although a tree fell onto the hall where my walking group meets, no casualties thankfully but the hall will be shut indefinitely - back to Zoom meetings!:roll:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's lovely and sunny again, but cold at night.

Did anyone else have all that horrible orange sand last week?  It came over from the Sahara in the form of rain last Wednesday, it's covered everything, there was a big queue for the car wash the other day!

It's been just gorgeous, sunny and breezy. I was planning a long walk with the dogs, only Sybil (-the cat) decided to come too. Since she won't walk to heel or on a lead we weren't able to cross the road to get to where we usually go so walking was restricted to a cat-safe circuit in the vines near the house.

On 22/03/2022 at 6:23 PM, France said:

It's been just gorgeous, sunny and breezy. I was planning a long walk with the dogs, only Sybil (-the cat) decided to come too. Since she won't walk to heel or on a lead we weren't able to cross the road to get to where we usually go so walking was restricted to a cat-safe circuit in the vines near the house.

:D

Glorious sunny weather in Shropshire today, though the easterly breeze was chilly in the morning. 18°C in the afternoon was lovely.