What's the weather like?

Virginia

Back to cold and wet, met a friend for a walk in the park yesterday and got caught in a hailstorm!  Luckily they were very small stones, like little beads, but we were soaked, it cleared the park though, there was a mass exodus!

• 3 weeks later...

Snowing in Bedfordshire quite heavily at the moment. I just managed to get home before the roads got too bad but it’s getting slippery out there. I think I’ll be taking the safe option in the morning and taking the train.

Edited by Brian.

• 2 weeks later...

We've had very mixed weather lately, had  torrential rain on Thursday night, then yesterday was lovely, one of those gorgeous February days where you can actually believe that spring really is on the way - I've got five crocuses in the garden, and a dwarf iris has just opened out - now it's raining again but not that cold, and tomorrow it's meant to snow!:cold:

Rained most of yesterday from about 3.00 until late, snowing now but it's too damp for it to settle and it's those small swirly flakes which don't really go anywhere!

We also had thick fog on Thursday morning so we've had pretty much everything weatherwise this week!

Edited by Madeleine

It did stop snowing yesterday evening for a while and we had a light dusting on roofs, cars, walls etc, it must have started overnight at some point and we have more of a covering now, still not too much, traffic is still running etc, it's that fine snow but if it suddenly  changes and gets heavy then it will probably cause problems.  I was thinking of going for a walk yesterday but it did turn to wet snow and was horribly windy so I changed my mind!

It was warmer than expected when I ventured out first thing (5.45 am) to get my weekly shopping. Only minus one!

There were slow and infrequent snowflakes still falling, and a dusting of snow everywhere, with a few of our local untreated roads are still crunchy and icy. 

It did stop for a while last night but started again in the early hours at some point, it's quite heavy now, the main road outside is still clear but  I imagine the side roads aren't too good.

• 2 weeks later...

The weekend was lovely, nice and sunny and quite mild, planted some more bulbs, have crocuses and daffs coming up now, plus one snowdrop!  Typically though, today, which I have off work, it's raining.  Had hoped to meet a friend for a walk in the park but looking unlikely now.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we had the wind over Wednesday night - it woke me up in the early hours yesterday and continued to disturb my pathetic  attempts at sleep for the rest of  the morning, not helped by the fact that Wednesday is bin emptying day, so there were lots of empty bins and recycling boxes rolling and sliding around outside, found our neighbour's dustbin lid wedged against our gate, but no damage thankfully.

And  today we have the rain!

Hope there wasn't anyone in the loo!

Was kept awake by weather again last night, this time heavy rain.  Still windy, a few very brief showers, sunny at the moment but not that warm.

4 hours ago, Brian. said:

The wind today made working outside a real nightmare, it got fairly dicey more than once.

This makes me nervous just thinking about it :hide:.

It has been so windy and so changeable today. One minute it was blue sky and sunny and the next pouring rain. I spoke to someone who doesn’t live far from me that even saw a bit of snow. 

Spring weather is weird. 

• 3 weeks later...