What's the weather like?

Virginia

Second day of dreich weather - dull, damp and cold. Depressing weather :cry:

(Surprise to see a Redwing in the garden today, and haven’t seen any for years. They are only around during bad winter weather.)

We had some  redwings in the garden a few years ago, haven't seen them since but apparently they are regular winer visitors here.

Yesterday was very grey and drizzly, today so far is cold but bright and sunny.

• 3 weeks later...

Sunday turned out to be a really nice day, sunny and quite mild - I had planned to meet up in the local park with 2 or 3 friends under  the rule of 6, until Boris Cromwell cancelled it all on Saturday!  Did manage to do a bit of cutting back in the  garden though.

Horribly wet today, it's the shortest day which means the mornings will get even darker for a while now.

Well Storm Bella was a very wet and windy one let night! :hide:
Not too bad, as there was no damaged trees etc. locally, but it was pretty scary. This morning it’s full sun and not even a breeze now. EDIT Have a yellow weather warning for snow tonight and early morning. Never a dull moment at the mo.

Edited by Marie H

It was lively wasn't it, we had lots of wind and rain which kept me awake last night.  Quiet today and bright, we lost the lid of one of our recycling boxes despite it having a brick on top, the brick must have flipped onto the other box, and away went the lid!  I did put a  few small things like watering cans in the shed, just as well probably.

And our heating broke down last night....fixed now but need new radiators.