What's the weather like?

Virginia

Oh wow, was anyway flooded?  I've heard a local underpass was closed due to  flooding this morning, and one of the local underground stations floods nearly every time, despite a fortune being spent trying to stop it happening!

Yes the attic and living room of the bakery had some water come in. It leaked onto the tv as well but gladly my partner unplugged it and it is still working. One of the book cases in the bakery has a bit of water damage.

On 19/06/2020 at 7:37 AM, Athena said:

Yes the attic and living room of the bakery had some water come in. It leaked onto the tv as well but gladly my partner unplugged it and it is still working. One of the book cases in the bakery has a bit of water damage.

Oh no! I hope the books are ok! 

It's been very humid and thundery here this week. It seems a bit less humid today but apparently we have a heatwave coming in the middle of the week!

I think I might be melting. 

2 hours ago, Madeleine said:

So it's the hottest day of the year so far, and what does someone in my block of roads do - yep that's right they decide to burn rubbish!  Whole house stinks of it.  :angry:

That is actually ridiculous. Why today!? 

On 20/06/2020 at 4:53 PM, Hayley said:

Oh no! I hope the books are ok!

There were no books in that book case, the book case held our video games. Gladly they seemed okay :).

It's been very warm here the past few days. They predict it will be warm for a couple more days, then hopefully in the weekend it will cool down. I'll be glad when it cools down a bit. The warmth isn't too bad when I'm sitting still not doing much, but I've been busy doing packing for the move, and packing books in boxes and carrying them around, while it's quite hot, isn't the best combination :lol:.

Blimey, it was far too hot in the sun today for me! But thankfully the breeze (and moving seats around in different areas of the shaded parts of the garden) meant that is was lovely. No thunder yet.

Started  raining around 5.30, nice soft summer rain at first but got heavier and heavier, had some thunder rolling around way off in the distance.  It stopped around 7.30 and is already drying out and pretty warm again.  It did get quite breezy last night and cooled down a bit.

• 1 month later...

It's been really hot here, it was the hottest 31rst July ever measured in the Netherlands. Gladly today it's a bit cooler, so I've got the windows open so the house can cool down a bit. By the end of the week though it'll be warmer again unfortunately.

We had 31°C on Friday 31st, though the heat didn’t last for long, thankfully the day after it was only in the low 20s. 

And now they are forecasting us a chilly 8°C tomorrow morning! Then possibly a warming up from the south next weekend. It seems to be gyroscope-style weather! 

17 hours ago, Raven said:

It's too damn

HOT

Agreed! Records were broken here in the Netherlands the past few days.

I hope things cool down soon over there. They predict the heatwave here will last until Friday, we shall see (they said Thursday before..)..

29°C in the shade, and not much breeze. I think I’m starting to melt.....

Haven't had much rain or thunder in NW Shropshire, just one short shower on Monday, though I can hear some rumbling in the distance.

It's finally cooler here today.

YIPPEE!

It has been sweltering here in the South East, with any activity leaving me drenched in sweat, shiny and bright red - not a good look! :blush:

The nights have offered no respite, so we've been cold showering at bedtime, and taking freezer blocks wrapped in tea towels to bed in an attempt to make things bearable. But as of this morning, it has dropped to a bearable temperature - so much so I even got the ironing done! 

^ It is still very muggy though; the walk home from work left me as tired as on any other day this week. 

My flat is the top floor of an old house that has very thick walls that retain the heat very well, so I will need a couple of days at this temperature before the flat fully cools down again.

Joy!

Its finally starting to cool a little here I think, but I still have the windows wide up at 9:37pm to try keep the house fresh! Its been raining all day, which I think cooled the air a bit. Before that, I literally couldn't leave the house for like a week. It's so humid and swampy, the two times I've gone out I wound up feeling very unwell. Not cut out for humid summers at all! Can't wait for Autumn and then Winter.

We were in Devon last week and the first couple of days were sweltering, but at least I managed to go in the sea for those 2 days.  then it started to cool down a bit but was still very warm at night until the weekend.  Back home now, much cooler and it's raining.  It had obviously been raining heavily before we got back as the garden was pretty water logged, I even had to empty out a couple of plant pots as they were so drenched!  I have got quite a lot of nice tomatoes, though several had split.  Glad it's cooler now especially at night.