What's the weather like?

Virginia

We had wind, rain, hail, bit of Donnen und Blitzen too (naturally when I went out to the farm shop to get some bird food), no real damage though. I did a bit of battening down the hatches on Saturday and stacked flowerpots etc, and put the watering cans in the shed.  I had to  retrieve our dustbin lid from halfway down the garden, but apart from a few small things being blown over no real damage, and a lot of surface water but no floods as far as I could see.

Hope everyone is safe!

12 hours ago, Madeleine said:

We had wind, rain, hail, bit of Donnen und Blitzen too (naturally when I went out to the farm shop to get some bird food), no real damage though. 

I just had to google what Donnen und Blitzen meant because all I could think of was Santa’s reindeer! Did you notice a lot of birds in your garden in the bad weather? I looked out at one point and had 11 pigeons in mine! 
There are a few trees down near me but nobody hurt by them, luckily. Today we’ve had rain, hail, sun and a bit of snow. I saw cherry blossom buds for the first time this year though, as well as some yellow crocuses and a single daffodil. I love seeing those first signs of spring coming :) 

oh yes forgot about the reindeer!  Only a couple of flashes of lightning and claps of thunder, then it sort of went to hail then back to rain.  Bit quieter yesterday but still quite a lot of rain and windy again last night.

I didn't notice too many birds, well no more than usual, but a couple of brave sparrows were clinging on to one of the feeders in all the rain, bless them!

My purple crocuses are coming out, some have already flowered, and I have quite a few daffodils open or just about to open, and lots of other green bits coming up, no snowdrops though even though I got new ones which I planted at the end of last year.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes it's gorgeous, bit chilly but lovely. Nice to see people in town outside pubs and cafes and making the most of it, and things are starting to really grow in the garden now, plus I finally have a snowdrop!  Better late than never I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

The last few days (and today) have been so nice. Sunny and warm. I’ve just wanted to stay in the garden. I’m hoping it will stay dry and sunny even when it’s cooler, because at least I can just put a jumper on and still sit outside!

• 3 weeks later...

It was lovely over the weekend, managed to get in the garden a lot and planted some wildflower seeds, however it's much chillier today though still sunny.  Yesterday was a bit cooler and windier, and late afternoon we had some thunder but no rain, then it cleared up again.

• 4 weeks later...