What's the weather like?

Virginia

We had quite a few fireworks over the weekend but thankfully they seem to have stopped for now, it's so annoying and pointless during daylight!

Rainy and overcast here too, Wednesday was quite nice during the day but then it started raining in the evening and hasn't really stopped for long since.  Also quite cold.

On 15/11/2019 at 4:17 PM, Madeleine said:

I seem to have started a weird cold, which has gone straight from a sore throat yesterday, to a few sneezes today, and now a tickly cough which is so annoying!:angry:

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear that! I had a heavy cold about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and since about a week, am recovered from it. I do still cough now and then. I hope you feel better soon :flowers2:.

On 17/11/2019 at 1:17 PM, Madeleine said:

Thanks Athena, got  a headache now.  those coughs do hang around don't they, they last longer than the cold.

You have my absolute sympathy, I’ve been exactly the same. The cough and retuning headache just doesn’t want to go. I hope you’re feeling at least a bit better now! 

It’s been really dull for the last couple of days here. It’s currently raining and something just outside my bedroom window is making a very annoying loud dripping sound! It’s definitely not as cold as it was last week though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Wet and windy here at the moment; squally and noisy stuff. Looks like it will be getting worse before it will settle down. 

I'm in the south east, and we are only catching the tail end of things, everything west of us is getting hit quite hard. Stay safe people!

10 hours ago, Chrissy said:

Wet and windy here at the moment; squally and noisy stuff. Looks like it will be getting worse before it will settle down. 

I'm in the south east, and we are only catching the tail end of things, everything west of us is getting hit quite hard. Stay safe people!

It was very windy in the Midlands yesterday and I had heard it was worse in the South. I hope it hasn't caused too much damage! 

I don't want to jinx it, but it's actually calm and sunny here at the moment!

20 hours ago, Onion Budgie said:

Rain, clouds, rain, clouds, rain.  And my roof's still not fixed.  The roofer's here tomorrow morning, early.  If it's raining, then.... :ph34r:  

I'm so fed up with this weather!!!!

Oh dear, I hope it gets done today!

6 hours ago, Athena said:

Awww :(. That's not good customer treatment at all! :7_mad:

It really isn't.  He called me this morning with an excuse of having felt unwell, and rearranged for Monday a.m.  It's just been one delay after another, though, so I'm feeling pretty jaded by now.  I just want my roof fixed!

Today's been overcast and cold, but no rain to speak of.  Crossing fingers the weather stays clear through to Monday.

1 hour ago, Onion Budgie said:

It really isn't.  He called me this morning with an excuse of having felt unwell, and rearranged for Monday a.m.  It's just been one delay after another, though, so I'm feeling pretty jaded by now.  I just want my roof fixed!

Today's been overcast and cold, but no rain to speak of.  Crossing fingers the weather stays clear through to Monday.

That is really bad. If you're sick and can't do a job that's fair enough, but he should at least have let you know he wasn't coming, not just turned his phone off! Fingers crossed for Monday.

It feels very cold here tonight. We had a crazy burst of hail just as I was nearly home earlier. I bent my head because it was stinging my face and got it down the back of my neck instead! Had to do a little wiggle when I got through the door to get it out of my top :cold: