What's the weather like?

Virginia

Yes I noticed that about the song titles too!

We've got more rain now, it's horrible, yesterday wasn't too bad in the end, cold but stayed mostly dry but making up for it now!

It just started hailing here. Yesterday we had a thunderstorm with rain and hail. I was in the bathroom and saw the lightning strike one of the houses in the area behind our back garden (across the train tracks that are between us and the area of houses, at the end of our garden). I've never seen lightning strike down before like that, it was a bit scary.

It's been quite nice here too although it was wet first thing, but sunny now though quite windy, but not as cold, but a work colleague who's working from home today says they've had torrential rain and wind.

I remember when I was a child the house across the road got struck by lightning, and there was a huge hole in the roof, thankfully no one was hurt and it didn't catch fire, but there was a lot of damage and they had to move out whilst it was fixed.  It's very scary, funny that the thunder sounds terrifying but it's the lightning which is really dangerous:hide:

Well after a very windy day yesterday which finished with torrential rain, we're now having a day of every type of weather - one minute sunny, then black as ink and either heavy rain, sleet or hail, then back to sunny again.  Quite dark at the moment.

We have had very windy conditions here for almost a week now, but it is gradually dying down. Today has been mostly sunshine, but we did some hail earlier on, we were driving at the time, so at least we weren't out in it!

• 3 weeks later...

Huh, I really thought I had replied in this topic! The weather has been lovely here too. They predict it will get less nice on Wednesday and on, but it's been nice having a week-ish with really nice weather. Though it's been pretty dry, so I suppose for nature it's not bad that some rain is predicted :).

Much cooler this weekend, windy and rainy yesterday, calmer today but still chilly and showers off and on.

Went to the famous gardens at Wisley yesterday and managed to avoid most of the showers,had a nice time there.  Got some plant ideas but didn't buy anything, still too chilly to put out anything new.

The weekend here was pretty cold too, with not much sunshine and some rain instead. Still, nature needed it. Today it's been cold but dry.

I'm glad you had a good time at the gardens :). Hopefully in a while the weather will be nicer and you can do some more planting.