What's the weather like?

Virginia

After all the forecasts hardly any snow, had quite heavy rain/sleet for much of the early evening, then it stopped and this morning apart from some frosty windscreens there was only the merest sprinkle of snow in the garden.  Cold and bright again today.

Well it snowed a bit last night, had a couple of showers around 10.00 and then at 1.30 this morning so I thought everywhere would be covered, but alas it turned to rain and apart from a bit in the garden it was pretty much muddy slush.  Went out at lunchtime and it's sleeting and very windy, horrible:cold:

Sunny here as well, last night was cold so there was quite a lot of frost this morning.  Not sure what it's like out at the moment, though it's meant to get into the teens later, although that's what they said last week and it's been quite cold!:cold:

Yes it looks as if it's quite warm, haven't been out yet but was warmer this morning than it was yesterday when we had a thick frost and it was really cold first thing.  I've got lots of daffs opening out in the garden and several crocuses.

Naturally it's meant to get colder and wetter by the weekend:(

Thankfully Saturday turned out to be quite nice (as described on the March thread) but it rained for most of yesterday and the wind got up, especially around 2000-2200 when it was very windy, although thankfully no damage seems to have been done and it calmed down by bedtime.  Still quite windy today, but sunny at the moment.

We have code yellow today for the whole country, because of extreme wind speeds. It's rainy and overcast. I don't think we'll see much blue sky/ies today. The temperature though is not too bad, it's nice for this time of year actually.

It's colder today and very windy, had to really battle against it at lunchtime!  Hasn't rained though, thankfully.

Spoke too soon - now it's raining!:(

Edited by Madeleine

Well after some truly atrocious weather yesterday -  I was still soaked when I got home, although it wasn't raining then, but I hadn't dried out from the lunchtime deluge - it's a bit drier today so far, bit windy but quite bright at the moment.

8 hours ago, Madeleine said:

Well after some truly atrocious weather yesterday -  I was still soaked when I got home, although it wasn't raining then, but I hadn't dried out from the lunchtime deluge - it's a bit drier today so far, bit windy but quite bright at the moment.

We had that crazy rain in the midlands too! Today was really windy here as well but at least it wasn't as wet.

(I like that the Never Ending Song Titles are about rain at the moment - very appropriate :giggle2:)