What's the weather like?

Virginia

Power outtage and flooding? That's not good, especially on a festive day. I love a good thunderstorm - but only when it comes over, does it's song and dance and light show, then moves on. Glad that all was well, and the weather has settled down for you.

Here it's been dull, damp and grey, and pretty mild so far.

We had 3 big powercuts in a fortnight when I first married husband (16 years ago) and moved to the countryside to be with him. It was then that I insisted on a gas hob, and a back up hob kettle. I can cope with the dark, but no cuppa? :o

On 12/29/2018 at 3:46 AM, bookmonkey said:

We had another massive thunderstorm on Christmas Day.  Lost power for a few hours.  Luckily we could still do the barbecue in the garage.  Our street flooded as well.  Since Christmas the weather has been good, so hope it stays that way now.

I hope everything is okay now! It sounds scary.

On 12/29/2018 at 10:05 AM, Chrissy said:

We had 3 big powercuts in a fortnight when I first married husband (16 years ago) and moved to the countryside to be with him. It was then that I insisted on a gas hob, and a back up hob kettle. I can cope with the dark, but no cuppa? :o

:o scary! Gladly I haven't experienced many powercuts in my life.

It's been grey skies here, mostly.

• 3 weeks later...

A beautiful start to the day. I was outside at around 5 am to catch the Super Wolf Blood Moon (I LOVE the name of it!). 

Very cold but very pretty day here in the South East. It was minus 5.5 c when I went out first thing, and even now with the lovely sunshine, there are parts of the garden that are still frosted. Brrrrr! 

13 hours ago, Chrissy said:

A beautiful start to the day. I was outside at around 5 am to catch the Super Wolf Blood Moon (I LOVE the name of it!). 

That'll explain the neighbours huddling in their beds and blocking their ears to blood-curdling howls :giggle2:

7 hours ago, poppy said:

That'll explain the neighbours huddling in their beds and blocking their ears to blood-curdling howls :giggle2:

Oh that? It wasn't the howling that bothered them so much as the naked jig I did afterwards. :eek:

It feels both liberating and bracing in a sharp frost! And I've always loved the colour blue! :D

I was sound asleep in my bed and so missed it - it was still full a few hours later when I went out for work, although not red. 

It has been quite cold here though the past few days with temperatures not far above freezing and we may or may not have some snow overnight - thank goodness for down jackets! 

22 hours ago, Chrissy said:

Oh that? It wasn't the howling that bothered them so much as the naked jig I did afterwards. :eek:

It feels both liberating and bracing in a sharp frost! And I've always loved the colour blue! :D

Good for the immune system I'm told :lol:

We had a blizzard last night, in the evening, just as I got home from work, it was very wet at first but then did settle a bit in the garden, still there this morning but hardly any on the road, we live on a main road so thankfully it didn't settle apart from a sprinkling on roofs and cars.  Cold and bright now.

Same here, very frosty this morning and the few bits of snow left had frozen, but apart from that it's just been drizzling, although some people have said they've had snow flurries in various parts of London/outer areas but it didn't settle this time.