What's the weather like?

Virginia

1 hour ago, Madeleine said:

That's terrible.  Is it early for tornadoes?

No, it is the season for tornadoes.

In addition Michigan had 18 inches of snow and Wisconsin had 22 inches of snow. Now that is a little unusual for this time of year.

3 hours ago, muggle not said:

Greensboro had 2 tornados hit us yesterday. A lot of damage and 1 person killed. Schools are closed today to recuperate.

That sounds so scary :(.

1 hour ago, muggle not said:

No, it is the season for tornadoes.

In addition Michigan had 18 inches of snow and Wisconsin had 22 inches of snow. Now that is a little unusual for this time of year.

Wow, that's a lot. And it's April!!

The tornadoes that hit on Sunday were pretty devastating. Two elementary schools had the entire roof blown off. Good thing it was Sunday or there may have been hundreds and hundreds of kids killed. Approx. 20 homes were leveled and about 80 homes were damaged so bad they are not livable. Trees down all over, cars upended,  and 20,000 people are without electricity. All schools are still closed. They are trying to make arrangements for the kids in the two elementary schools for attending elsewhere for the remainder of the school year.

3 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

It's scary just reading that, Muggle. :( is there enough help on the ground ? :)

As a matter of fact, no. That is a big problem. and will probably only get worse when they start re-building the damaged homes not even considering the clean-up required.

10 hours ago, muggle not said:

The tornadoes that hit on Sunday were pretty devastating. Two elementary schools had the entire roof blown off. Good thing it was Sunday or there may have been hundreds and hundreds of kids killed. Approx. 20 homes were leveled and about 80 homes were damaged so bad they are not livable. Trees down all over, cars upended,  and 20,000 people are without electricity. All schools are still closed. They are trying to make arrangements for the kids in the two elementary schools for attending elsewhere for the remainder of the school year.

That sounds so scary :(. I'm glad it happened on a Sunday so there were no kids in the schools. It sounds really scary :(.

Hope those affected by the tornado are all okay.

We have had beautiful weather today - it was definitely shorts weather and I wore mine with pride at work today. I love my job on days like this as there are so few places that allow you to wear shorts like we all do, and not that many either where you have a lovely garden to spend time in. :)