What's the weather like?

Virginia

That's a lot of snow Little Pixie. The village I live in, which is the second highest point in Surrey has its own microclimate. It was snowing pretty hard when I left for work this morning just after 7am but by the time I got halfway down the hill it had turned to rain. We had rain and sleet throughout the day at work, but driving back home again about an hour ago it was obvious from the amount of snow on the ground as I got back towards the village that the rain had continued as snow on the higher ground. I expect from the look of the sky there will be a lot more during the night. Getting to work tomorrow morning might be interesting then! It is set to be very cold tomorrow as well - a chilly minus 3. It will be good practise for when I get to Iceland I suppose as it has been even colder there. :P 

Rained most of the morning, then sleet and snow for a while, then back to rain; dry when I came home but very cold, not looking forward to a freeze tomorrow!

I bet Iceland will handle cold weather much better than we do here!

19 hours ago, Madeleine said:

I bet Iceland will handle cold weather much better than we do here!

Defiantly. It was actually warmer today in Reykjavik (1 degree) than it was here (minus 3 when I left for work). It is really strange how little snow we have had at work just a few miles from where I live, but here the car park is like a skating rink. I had to get Coran to help me park after I got home as the wheels were spinning everywhere. I felt like a bit of an idiot to be honest, but I knew I would never get out in the morning if I didn't reverse in tonight. Having said that, it is supposed to rain tonight, so hopefully it might wash a lot of it away.   

Alternating every 30 minutes or so between torrential rain and blue skies. I'm quite high up in my office so I can literally see the waves of black cloud rolling in from the north each time. Good warning system, gives me about 10 mins before the next torrent starts!

It's been 11 or 12 degrees here every day this week. Because why would Ireland be cold in Winter. I find it really frustrating, my jumpers and coat have gone back in the cupboard because it's not cold enough to wear them, I'm just wearing light tops with cardigans. So un-Christmassy.

Me too, I'm also wearing long-sleeved T-shirts with a cardie over them, although it is very hot and stuffy in our office, but it's pretty mild out too, although still grey and drizzly, so need an anorak and scarf.

Just had an email from my cousin in Australia and it's been in the 40s there! :o

Edited by Madeleine

Yesterday morning was clear and bright and cold, didn't last though and rained most of the afternoon and night, had to drive home in torrential rain which wasn't much fun.  Today it snowed at first, but it was wet snow so it didn't settle, then it turned to rain again.  It's stopped now but is still cold and windy, I think it's been one of the worst Christmases weather-wise.