What's the weather like?

Virginia

We're in the last (hopefully) days of summer and I can't WAIT! I've been purchasing fall/winter gear and its driving me crazy not being able to wear them just yet, lol! Nights are pretty cool as temps are now dropping but it gets hot by afternoon. I THINK that we may be headed for a change by the end of next week. Sunny and breezy days its been but I am ready for some gray, rainy and cold days!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the remnants of the hurricane we had that weird orange sky yesterday afternoon, it was like being on Mars.  Apparently it smelt pretty bad as well.  Nice and sunny so far today.

Edited by Madeleine

We had our first frost yesterday morning - the temperature was not much above freezing when I left at 6.30am to take Coran to the station. That was the first day I have had to wear both a jumper and a fleece at work this winter. it was back to just the fleece today though when the temperature went back into double digits. I don't really feel the cold like most people - it has to be less than 5 degrees for me to say it's really cold.  

Lovely here today in Cork - bright and dry. Not that cold, Met Eireann says 11 degrees, with top temps of 13-14 during the day. I haven't really had a chance to wear my nice Winter coat yet, which is a shame. Still, happy that it's dry and cool.

Not a bad day here again - I spent an hour in the garden at work this afternoon helping our gardener to rake the leaves and getting to know him a bit better. It was hard work but fun. He is obviously a lot fitter than I am (and half my age) as my shoulders are feeling it now.   

Edited by Talisman

Well I spoke too soon!  Woke up to a thick frost this morning, had to go for a blood test so had to de-ice and scrape the car windows, the frost was really thick and the electric windows froze shut.  It was a lovely sunny morning, though I had to get my gloves out.  And it's killed all my summer plants!

Edited by Madeleine