What's the weather like?

Virginia

Brolly is generally short for umbrella. 

We had loads of rain yesterday, pretty much non-stop since about 1400, was still raining when I went to bed.  I got very wet coming home!  And my brolly collapsed and had to be thrown away.

I think brolly is widely used as a term in the UK and Ireland. Not sure about across the pond. But yep, brollies are umbrellas (I sometimes call them umbrellies, I don't know why) and they're very prone to breaking in my experience! I don't know if it's being not too far from the coast, but it gets quite windy here, usually when raining, so my brollies never last candlelight. I'm afraid to get the big reinforced ones, because if the wind snapped one of those out of my hand it could do damage!

We're quite a way from the coast (about 40 miles and then it's only the muddy Thames estuary) but it's been very windy here for several weeks now, apart from last week's mini-heatwave.  Hard to believe that this time last week we were sweltering!:o

Ah okay, I'd never heard of the term before! Thanks for the explanations, Nollaig and Madeleine :).

We call an umbrella, 'paraplu' in Dutch.

It's cloudy here, maximum temperature should be about 22 °C. It drizzled a bit this morning, now it's dry. There might be more rain later. Good for nature, the stream nearby has more water in it now that we had some heavy rain showers yesterday.

Its cloudy, a bit blustery and a good bit cooler and fresher today. I was delighted walking to work, a chilly breeze and no humidity. Just the freshness I need to wake me up in the morning, and make my walk pleasant.

Meant to be showery on and off though, so I brought the brolly today! :)

We finally had a storm last night, luckily it was quite considerate and waited til I got home from work!  It rumbled around for a while from about 6.45, then the deluge started around 7.15, and then it stopped and brightened up, just in time for me to go out and play boules with my walking group, so it was very well-timed.  Afterwards the ground was barely even wet, you wouldn't think it had rained at all, but saved me watering the garden anyway.  Bit cooler today, but lots of rainclouds so I'm not sure what it's going to do.

It's really hot here - much hotter than forecast. We didn't get any of the promised thunderstorms yesterday either.  Got a takeaway coffee and sat on a bench on the seafront with my book for a while this morning, but it quickly got too warm for me.

Been raining since yesterday afternoon, and quite a cold wind too.  Meant to be having a work "team building afternoon" in the local park, but it's showing no sign of clearing up at the moment, despite a warm and sunny weather forecast!:(

It is much cooler than it has been with temperatures around the low 20's. We had heavy rain during the night, but the sun came out at lunchtime, and it looks like a lovely evening.    

Well as forecast the weather did clear up around mid day and we had a lovely afternoon in the park, it was sunny and cloudy, and quite breezy so not too hot, although I'm looking a bit rosy today!  Just caught the sun though, not burnt (thankfully).  Nice again today.