What's the weather like?

Virginia

23 hours ago, chesilbeach said:

People in the UK 364 days per year: I want to move somewhere warm

1 day per year:  I'm melting!

:D You are right Chesilbeach the only thing with the UK is it just gets so muggy where as abroad it is dry heat. I will take that everytime.

1 hour ago, Peacefield said:

I'll be in the UK/Ireland the first 2 weeks of September, you guys.  What kind of weather should I pack for?  I figured light layers, but normally I'm warm so I think I need to bring plenty of light stuff.

Honestly, it should be warm but you never can tell with our weather.  I'm the opposite and am usually cold, but I'd pack layers too, with a warm jumper just in case, and also a raincoat just in case! I'd probably wait until a week before you're due to travel, then check the weather forecast, as they usually cover a couple of weeks ahead. :) 

We can have quite warm weather here in September, although of course it depends which part of the country you're in, so yes light layers, waterproof, some summer clothes - a bit of everything really!

September in Ireland usually features a final summer hurrah, so it should be warm here anyway. Last year (or possibly the year before) it was in the high teens right up into November - Autumn didn't arrive til early December.

YAY the weather has finally broken! Much cooler last night - for about a week, when I went upstairs in my house I could feel the rise in temperature and humidity compared with downstairs, and I couldn't bear to have a duvet over me. Granted, I left the window open last night to get fresh air circulating, but I was cold without a duvet! Still sticky here too though.

Today is cooler, and top temperatures for the next few days all over the country are 14-18 degrees. It's 14 right now in Cork and I LOVE IT. So grateful.

Thanks for the tips, you guys!  That reminded me that I need to find a good rain jacket before I go, and I love packing layers - more choices of outfits ;)  I'm meeting my friends/traveling companions tonight for dinner and a planning session so I'll relay the info.

It's cooler here today as well, and the sun is out.  Currently it's just 60 degrees.

It's also cooler here today, with a maximum temperature of 25 °C (which I consider a lot more pleasant than the 35 °C that we had a few days ago). It hasn't rained much, it's mostly cloudy but we've had a bit of sunshine too.

All over the weekend it was quite dark not the usual lovely sunny days that we have been having.  And yes it did rain for all of about 5 seconds.

Its sitting at a nice 18 deg at the moment but said to be going up to 23 by late afternoon.

Its 14 today in Cork, though humid, and it's not too bad. Top temps of 18 degrees, which I think it's gonna hit after lunch. Heavy rain last night, but brighter this morning, with only showers over the next day or two. Getting windy later in the week too, which will hopefully freshen some of the humidity!

Bright here today, though there are a good few fluffy clouds around. Forecast says rain everywhere but the far southwest (I'm southwest) so hopefully I won't get rained on as I opted to leave my brolly at home today.  Possibly warm today (up to 19 degrees).