What's the weather like?

Virginia

It's hot here as well. Around 24 °C by my desk, 31 °C outside. Tomorrow it will be ~36°C. But on Sunday they predict rain and thunder, though it will stay hot and humid for a few more days (according to predictions). I'm trying to keep the house a cooler temperature inside but it's slowly warming up, and I'm sure that in a few days the bedroom in particular will be quite warm.

How nice your apples are doing well! We have none on our tree yet, that I could see. I just read in the news yesterday that because of 'night-frost' in April seven times, experts predict less harvested apples than usually in the Netherlands, maybe as much as one third less, and thus prices will go up.

Current predictions are that it'll be 36 °C here today, and I'm a bit sad because it looks like the predicted thunderstorm of tomorrow isn't going to happen! Instead it will be quite hot for at least a few more days, with no rain. The ducks can already stand in certain places of the stream, further in the street, instead of swimming in it :(. Inside my house it's about 25 °C in the living room. It feels hotter in the bedroom but I'm not sure how hot as I don't have a thermometer in that room. It feels slightly cooler in the farm, though the upstairs of the farm will probably be quite hot.

Got woken up in the middle of the night by a terrific thunderstorm - torrential rain with thunder and lightning.  Woke up to a bright, warm morning, but then it all went a bit grey and we had some more rain.  Much brighter again this afternoon, although there's a lovely breeze running through the house keeping us cool.

5 hours ago, Athena said:

How nice your apples are doing well! We have none on our tree yet, that I could see. I just read in the news yesterday that because of 'night-frost' in April seven times, experts predict less harvested apples than usually in the Netherlands, maybe as much as one third less, and thus prices will go up.

Current predictions are that it'll be 36 °C here today, and I'm a bit sad because it looks like the predicted thunderstorm of tomorrow isn't going to happen! Instead it will be quite hot for at least a few more days, with no rain. The ducks can already stand in certain places of the stream, further in the street, instead of swimming in it :(. Inside my house it's about 25 °C in the living room. It feels hotter in the bedroom but I'm not sure how hot as I don't have a thermometer in that room. It feels slightly cooler in the farm, though the upstairs of the farm will probably be quite hot.

36!! Poor little ducks. 

It`s down to 18C now ; possible thunderstorms tomorrow. :)

Maybe 18c today and overcast. Still waiting for those thunderstorms...

Our river is so low that the river gauge can't give a reading ( because of flooding, we can look up the river level and flooding info. )  The river`s under 10cm. :o

9 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

Our river is so low that the river gauge can't give a reading ( because of flooding, we can look up the river level and flooding info. )  The river`s under 10cm. :o

:o that's very low!

Today it's still hot but there is a nice little breeze going on right now. They predict that later today it'll get quite hot again (33 ­°C), but right now I'm enjoying the cooler weather for a bit (having the windows open until the temperature outside gets too hot).

9 hours ago, Athena said:

:o that's very low!

Today it's still hot but there is a nice little breeze going on right now. They predict that later today it'll get quite hot again (33 ­°C), but right now I'm enjoying the cooler weather for a bit (having the windows open until the temperature outside gets too hot).

It`s scarily low >>> River Level Monitoring Station.  I`m wondering if they`ll need to rescue the fish ! :o

Fingers crossed that you get some cooler weather soon ( before you have roast chickens ;) )

It's drizzly here today, but still warm enough. Met Eireann is definitely not getting the figures correct for my end of the country - I don't think it will actually be 19 degrees today, but it might be 15/16. Other parts of Ireland have apparently been getting great heat/sunshine though. I'm happy to have missed most of it.

20 hours ago, Little Pixie said:

It`s scarily low >>> River Level Monitoring Station.  I`m wondering if they`ll need to rescue the fish ! :o

Fingers crossed that you get some cooler weather soon ( before you have roast chickens ;) )

Wow, that is scarily low :(.

Today the weather is cooler here :) (24 °C maximum). It's a bit humid, but it's less warm and it's somewhat cloudy.