What's the weather like?

Virginia

It was very windy here yesterday and last night. All over the country there are various damages, though gladly it wasn't too bad compared to what it could have been (the wind was up to 120 km/h). In the Netherlands we use the scale of Beaufort to denote wind speeds (do you use that too in other countries?). Apparently it was up to 11 at the coast. Here it was probably more between 7 and 10, but it was very stormy. What I've seen all our trees are still there (other than the ones that have been taken down by the treepeople) though some branches have broken off. Several plastic constructions that we had, have broken down (they were nets as protection for our animals). I'm hoping my boyfriend can fix that later. At least there was no roof or car damage or anything worse.

We've had a couple of small branches break off one of our trees but nothing major, lots of bins and recycling boxes blowing around though!  Worst thing was train travel, luckily my line wasn't affected (for once) but lots of other people took about 2 hours to get home from London, and people travelling to other parts of the country had to wait for hours, a lot of the big stations were closed.  Much quieter today thankfully, and nice and sunny.

Sunny and blue skies! I can't believe it. Excited to see how long it lasts, my bet's no longer than 9.30

Edited by Sazed

Typically, when I had to go and collect my car from the garage, it was blue skies as I left the house and within a minute or two, the clouds had come in and it was pouring with rain, so I got soaked for a second time.  Even more typically, as I turned into the street where the garage is ... the rain stopped. :roll:  :banghead: