What's the weather like?

Virginia

It was bitter first thing this morning and then brightened up and the day went on.

Just got back from two lovely days in Stratford Upon Avon it was so nice had t shirts and shorts on.

29 degrees right now with a high of 34 today. Hurrah! Cooling down at last, so I think I will go for a walk. 

...or maybe not. We are now having a sandstorm. 

Edited by Kolinahr

It's 25c here in south carolina. We are currently under a hurricane watch. Its in haiti now and they are saying that many deaths are expected. By the time it reaches us, it should be a category 3.

For now its nice and breezy with sunshine but definitely stronger hints of fall. I take a light weight sweater to class now.

Edited by Virginia

It's 25c here in south carolina. We are currently under a hurricane watch. Its in haiti now and they are saying that many deaths are expected. By the time it reaches us, it should be a category 3.

I hope you and all your family and friends will be okay :(. Be careful.

Hurricane Matthew is the worst hurricane to hit Florida since 1851. It is a Category 4 currently. this hurricane is going to "kill" and do much damage. They are expecting storm surges of 10 to 15 feet and winds of 140 miles per hour with higher gusts. I was in Florida earlier in the week and am glad that I am now home.

My son, his wife, and my granddaughter live in central Florida and are in the path. My sister in-law lives on the coast of Florida and she is going to ride the storm out despite pleas for everyone that lives on the coast to evacuate.

I hope everyone will be okay :(. It was mentioned on the news this morning (Florida), and they showed people in Haïti too. It's so sad how many dead there are and how many people have lost what they owned :(.

It's been windy here but nothing compared to a hurricane.

Hurricane Matthew is the worst hurricane to hit Florida since 1851. It is a Category 4 currently. this hurricane is going to "kill" and do much damage. They are expecting storm surges of 10 to 15 feet and winds of 140 miles per hour with higher gusts. I was in Florida earlier in the week and am glad that I am now home.

My son, his wife, and my granddaughter live in central Florida and are in the path. My sister in-law lives on the coast of Florida and she is going to ride the storm out despite pleas for everyone that lives on the coast to evacuate.

I have family in Florida that didn't leave and have since regretted it. She posted a picture of their "emergency kit" of Doritos, soda's one flashlight...thought it was cute. I couldn't respond I was so angry! 

All of my in-laws except one (have evacuated from Beaufort (that's a lot of folks) and are safely out of the way. My mother in law is here with us and I am SOOOO thankful! 

Its really gray out this morning and we did get a little rain last night. I'm going to walk Kizzy and set up her potty area, put the garbage and recycle cans in the shed and call it a day. I've already moved the truck under the carport and brought in all the outside plants. Renters and auto insurance are in effect and the phones will be charged. Nothing more to do but pray and wait it out. 

We haven't experienced any flooding in this part of my neighborhood as we're on a slight incline. As long as the trees stay put I think we'll be fine.