HI

JonC

Thrillers mainly, but I do read all sorts. I like historical fiction and non-fiction books on cooking, gardening and fishing all have a place on my shelves.

I also write, but I have read that mentioning this is strictly banned on here. :P

Welcome here :)! What are some of your favourite thrillers? I used to read a lot of them when I was a teenager but then grew out of them a little bit. Nowadays I read them now and then but not that often.

I also write, but I have read that mentioning this is strictly banned on here. :P

What we take issue with is people signing up solely to tell us to go buy their book (sometimes even hiding that they are the author). We prefer that people become a part of the community. Talisman (for example) has written a book but isn't posting about it in all her posts, she's a part of the community and isn't advertising it in any way. So I hope you'll stay and talk to us about all your favourite books :).

I am a bit surprised you do not just create a single thread for authors to publish their own work. Fairly standard practice on a lot of reading forums.

Keeps all the 'spam' in one place, keeps a lot of people revisiting and also...well, it's tough out there for debut authors you know!

I am a bit surprised you do not just create a single thread for authors to publish their own work. Fairly standard practice on a lot of reading forums.

Keeps all the 'spam' in one place, keeps a lot of people revisiting and also...well, it's tough out there for debut authors you know!

Well, I'm just a moderator but I will forward your suggestion to Michelle (the head admin).

Jon, this forum has been going for almost 10 years, and we've tried pretty much everything you can think of. We had a promotion section a while ago, and it caused more problems. I'm also aware of another forum where it exists, and a lot of the members dislike it.

To be honest, we're a community of readers, not an advertising forum. I work really hard with all sorts of authors, including new ones, and I'd rather do that than allow people to join, promote their new book, then disappear... as this is what happens.

Genuine, regular members are not stopped from mentioning their books. If you're genuinely here to discuss your reading, I'm sure we'll be discussing your own book/writing in time. :)