What's your current news about?

Anna Begins

That's very interesting! I agree that aggression and wars are a big problem. I'm not sure I agree that the future of the human race is in space (as in, not all on Earth).

Earth is a small and fragile planet in an infinite universe. Sooner or later, either by internal or external events that may or may not be  impossible to prevent, Earth will suffer in a way that destroys the planet's living conditions, or the planet itself. Right now, human race is in a fragile position. Downgrading the scale, imagine the people of an entire country live inside one building, can't leave it and there's no one to help them outside: they're more susceptible to diseases, fires, natural disasters, building's disintegration, lack of drinkable water and many other things. There are other buildings in the country, and growing new families in each of these buildings creates more chances of survival. So, the reasonable thing to do is to find ways to both travel to these buildings and build conditions for people to live there. This doesn't mean we shouldn't understand better how to preserve the buildings and enhance the living conditions for everyone. All these things can be done at the same time.

Edited by Sousa

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That is very sad indeed :(

Nothing major reported over here. The first bit of news I read was about a few anarchists doing some very stupid stuff on the May Day eve.

Edited by frankie

That's nice :)!

People in the Netherlands are preparing for Liberation Day (May 5th), though apparently not everyone has a day off, even though officially they should be allowed to not work.

I guess it'll stay in the news until they tell us the name.

And probably stay in it a while longer yet.

Still, it's better than listening to five/seven stuck records for the next couple of days . . .

The local news has been dominated by the election and politics for the last week, and I can't see it changing for a little while yet.  I think lots of the media had been expecting to be discussing coalitions and alliances for weeks, but with the Conservatives managing to win a majority, the current affairs programmes and articles are having to find other angles to follow instead.

• 1 month later...

My country has lost its mind. When you can no longer go into a church for bible study and prayer (in the United States) without getting killed we have reached a new low. Reading comments from the news stories shows that people choose to be blind to injustice, that Black Americans play the "race card." That Black lives are worthless. These are the same people that say they see no color. Give me an honest racist over a silent, lying hypocrite any day.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/police-release-photos-south-carolina-church-shooting-suspect/story?id=31851054

This shooting has hit the country so hard. To pretend that it was anything but racially motivated is nonsense! And the excuses the shooter gave...incredible.

I'm so sorry :(. Such a shooting is terrible :(. May they rest in peace.

Our countries' news is also sad, a group of Dutch people travelled to Portugal and took a tour bus (the people are all Dutch). They're not sure what happened yet, but somehow the bus got off the road (motorway?) and crashed on top of the road beneath it. Several people are dead, more are injured. So sad :(.

Dutch link

Dutch link 2

The fact that this kid apparently sat in this bible/ prayer meeting for an hour beforehand is for me the worst part. He got to know those people. They probably shared details of their lives, hopes & dreams for the future.

Very true ian! When people are praying (no matter the faith) they are exposing their true selves, making themselves open and vulnerable. People not only pray for themselves but for others. I wouldn't be surprised if they prayed FOR him. He may have even held hands with them in prayer. In Black churches we hold hands whenever we can during prayer because scripture tells us to touch in agreement. This kid was EVIL.

Sadly I found myself knowing family of one of the victims. We attended university together. In a state this size, its always amazing to run across people that you know or friends/family that they know. Blood lines run deep here.

I've been reading the news and commentaries and its baffling that even when this creature SAID he killed because they were Black and he wanted to create a "civil war" people still seem to think Blacks are making it a race issue. Um, he SAID he killed because they were Black. Fox News (i.e. Faux NOTNews) want to pass this off as a crime against Christianity. I guess, if it makes them feel better.