• Announcements

• Hayley

Signing Up   11/06/2018

Signing Up is once again available. New members are very welcome
    • Hayley

February Supporter Giveaway   02/07/2019

February already! And with February comes the next supporter giveaway. This month, with great thanks once again to www.thestorygift.co.uk , we have a brilliantly bookish set of 'storyteller' pencils (featuring famous first lines) and a retro library card notebook!      As always, you'll be automatically entered into the giveaway if you support the forum on patreon, or if your pre-patreon membership is still active. If you want to be involved in the giveaway but don't currently support, you can join the patreon at any point in February here:  www.patreon.com/bookclubforum . 
Anna Begins

What's your current news about?

Nearly Easter and a long weekend, yippee.  Hope we get to finish work a bit early....

On a less serious note, my favourite mug broke last night!

57 minutes ago, Madeleine said:

On a less serious note, my favourite mug broke last night!

People don't realize how life altering these things can be! :wibbly::rolleyes::P

I know - first world problems!  I'd had that mug for years.

We are now separating babies from their parents as those parents cross the boarder seeking asylum from gang killings and domestic violence. These were once reasons for seeking asylum, now these people reaching out for help are detained and their children taken away. We have a "zero tolerance" policy in effect and Drumpf's henchman is using the bible as a reference to its legality. Its now cool to kidnap babies and house then in kennel cages.

I hate these people.

Yes, I read about that - truly shocking. I know I criticise our Government but at least they don't do that. 

Now that we've completely lost any sense of moral compass, it's decided to withdraw from the UN Human Rights Council. Of COURSE WE WILL! It's what cowards and despots DO! No shocker there, right?! I mean, how can we look other countries in the face and tell them how wrong they are and we're doing that AND worse. The Devil in the Orange Skin can't handle being called on his BS so he runs and hides. I hate this man.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-19/trump-is-said-ready-to-pull-u-s-from-un-s-human-rights-council?utm_content=bloomberg&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic-breaking&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

On ‎19‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 2:06 AM, Virginia said:

We are now separating babies from their parents as those parents cross the boarder seeking asylum from gang killings and domestic violence. These were once reasons for seeking asylum, now these people reaching out for help are detained and their children taken away. We have a "zero tolerance" policy in effect and Drumpf's henchman is using the bible as a reference to its legality. Its now cool to kidnap babies and house then in kennel cages.

I hate these people.

Trump keeps trying to blame the law on the democrats, when they never did this, he's not legally required to do it at all, and a simple phone call could stop the whole thing! I think he's trying to keep in with his base supporters who want a very hard line taken against illegal immigrants. If he backs down to pressure he'll lose face and we know how much he hates that!

For me the bottom line is, illegal immigrants are people, they have a human right to dignity even if being deported.

Trump is an overtly obnoxious being isn't he?

3 hours ago, itsmeagain said:

For me the bottom line is, illegal immigrants are people, they have a human right to dignity even if being deported.

Trump is an overtly obnoxious being isn't he?

That is an understatement. :)