Anna Begins

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm horrified by the Manchester attack. A woman I know at work, her best friend and the friend's two daughters were at the concert. Fortunately all safe, but not so fortunate for those 22 who didn't make it.

I think it's pretty cool of Ariana to pay for the funerals. I know she can well afford it, but it's a kind gesture which at least removes any financial stress from the families and allows them to just grieve.

I was so sorry to hear about the Manchester attack :(. So terrible :(. It made me very sad reading all the news to do with it, about people missing, injured or dead. I feel so sorry for all the families who lost someone and for those who got injured or are still missing.

• 2 weeks later...

The news today is all about one of our Conservative MP's (who are hoping to win the election next week), who has been charged together with 2 members of his campaign team with electoral expenses fraud. This is the seat that Nigel Farage hoped to win in 2015 so may or may not have interesting repercussions. 

A$$hat Trump has pulled out of the Paris Agreement stating that he was "elected to work for Pittsburgh, not Paris (paraphrasing).  I used to ask if one could get any dumber, but I no longer ask cause I'm scared of the answer. One can get as stupid to infinity and beyond.

7 hours ago, Talisman said:

The news today is all about one of our Conservative MP's (who are hoping to win the election next week), who has been charged together with 2 members of his campaign team with electoral expenses fraud.

No, not really. It was a headline for a short while, but unless you live in the constituency in Kent where this is an issue, outside of that it's been swamped by other stories.  Possibly bigger, is the news that the CPS isn't pressing ahead with all of the other electoral fraud cases it has had on it's books, so it looks like that brick has been cleared from the Tory rail...

Don't get me wrong, I don't like the Tories, but the fair reporting of news has to go both ways, you can't just use an angle for your own ends.

True. Although it's what they seem to do themselves, which is of course just my opinion. I don't like them much either. My own Tory MP is an arrogant **** who when asked about his plans for campaigning in the constituency during the run up to the election said he didn't have any, so certain as he is unfortunately to retain his seat.  

Another mass murder at a USA plant in Orlando, Florida, five dead including the shooter and several wounded. It just never stops.

Drumpf has the NERVE to twitter troll the London mayor yet can't clean up his own "house."

I'm so sorry to hear that, Virginia :(.

One of the big stories here has been, that two bodies were found belonging to two teenage girls (I think they were both 14), I think they were murdered. The police has said the cases are probably not related (both teenagers lived in the same area). They have arrested a 16-year-old boy that is a suspect in the case of one of the deceased teenagers, and a 14-year-old boy in the case of the other. They don't want to give out much information yet. I feel so sad about it :(. Both girls were so young :(.

Understandably, it's dominated by the General Election results today.  I was dumbfounded when the exit poll results were announced last night, and was fully expecting to wake up this morning to see a different result (after the last election and the referendum exit polls), but there were incredibly accurate.  Fantastic to see such a huge turnout from the 18-25 year olds, pleasing to see them take an interest in politics and their own futures.

Today is a day that I can't wrap my head around. That AWFUL fire at those tower apartments in London and so many souls lost. Then there was the gun attack on Republicans who were preparing for a baseball game and just an hour ago, another shooting at a UPS facility in Northern California, 4 dead, 1 wounded. I can't keep up with it all!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome to "Trump's Amerikkka."

This is what is going on in the "land of the free and the home of the brave." Cowardly ba$t@rds in hoods and cloaks, carrying tiki tourches amassed on a college campus because they want to take back "their country" and make the south "white again." Some fool rammed his car into anti-protesters killing 1 and injuring 19. The ass in chief has condemned hate on "all parties." It's not ALL parties, its the KKK and the alt-right and the neo-nazis who are causing the hate and they are emboldened because of the ass in chief who refuses to denounce the groups and has ties (his father) to them. This is happening in my state. I hate this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/12/us/charlottesville-protest-white-nationalist.html?&hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=a-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 10:15 AM, Virginia said:

Welcome to "Trump's Amerikkka."

This is what is going on in the "land of the free and the home of the brave." Cowardly ba$t@rds in hoods and cloaks, carrying tiki tourches amassed on a college campus because they want to take back "their country" and make the south "white again." Some fool rammed his car into anti-protesters killing 1 and injuring 19. The ass in chief has condemned hate on "all parties." It's not ALL parties, its the KKK and the alt-right and the neo-nazis who are causing the hate and they are emboldened because of the ass in chief who refuses to denounce the groups and has ties (his father) to them. This is happening in my state. I hate this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/12/us/charlottesville-protest-white-nationalist.html?&hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=a-lede-package-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

A friend on Facebook posted this. Just about sums it up ...

Nazis.jpg.bb85e7c186303c55a6103847c43bb80f.jpg

And this was a Seuss cartoon from WW2, still relevant today.

Seuss.thumb.jpg.f85c67bf886f9646214babfa77384e67.jpg

Edited by poppy