Pub Challenge!

Virginia

There are no "pubs" to speak of around these parts and a "bar" just sounds sleazy and don't seem to have the same "coziness" as a British bar, I'm curious as to what your favorite watering holes look like. Can you guys post pictures of some of these unique spots?! I can't wait to read the names attached to these gathering spots! .

I wouldn't call it a "bar" but it's certainly not a pub!  My favorite "bar" in the whole world is FEIJOA in Amsterdam.

There is even a short video here

http://www.feijoa.nl/#!feijoa-feeling/crrl

They make fine cocktails- I love their passion fruit martini's.  They actually float a small passion fruit  on top and serve with a small golden spoon so you can eat it.  Best ever.  Big, huge bowls of fresh fruit for purees and juices- made right in front of you.  The guys are super nice- I've met the owner in the video.  He tends his own bar.

Edited by Anna Begins

When it comes to pubs/ bars, i'm a bit of a romantic, so I like unspoilt, old style pubs - dark, quiet,  exposed wooden beams, crackling log/coal fire. Sadly, these type of pubs are getting more rare, so it's always good to find one. Most of these are out in the country rather than the city where I live, but there are still one or two. The closest one to me is The Red Lion in Alvechurch. More of a place to go for something to eat these days, but it does tick most of the boxes above. No Pics I'm afraid!