New A Song of Ice and Fire book coming October - not the sixth book

Devi

But not that one apparently. :(

I will admit it, I got excited at the next GoT book, even though I am still reading the third one. :giggle2:

Stiil, it sounds rather like a good book.

The World of Ice and Fire, a comprehensive history of Martin's world, will be released on Oct. 26 in New York. It's billed as a "lavishly illustrated" volume spanning from the Dawn Age to the fall of the Mad King, Aerys II Targaryen.

More information here:

http://mashable.com/2014/09/05/new-game-of-thrones-book/

Edited by Devi

The person who wrote that article deserves a kick, not only for trying to get people's hopes up with the title, but also for calling it a "'Game of Thrones' book", which is starting to bug me.  'Game of Thrones' is the tv series - the book series is called 'A Song of Ice and Fire'.  There is only one book called A Game of Thrones :rolleyes:

[/pedant mode: off]

Aaaaand breathe :D

I kind of knew it wasn't going to be 'that one', I think it'll still be a while before we see it (but I really want it though!). But I do think it's not so nice of the author of the article to pull people like that. It's trickery. And that's a good idea, Ian!

^ To me, the title of this thread seems like click bait, too :shrug: It made me think Martin's finished the next book in the actual series.

Fixed, I was butt tired at the time so just copied the articles title :giggle2: