What's Up in September? - 2014

Athena

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you feel better Athena!

Me, I have a headache. Long night with the grand daughter climbing out of her playpen and falling down, THREE (3) THREE times! She kept climbing out and hitting the floor. So, early nap for her. I'm also trying to get the boys enrolled in online schooling. Their schooling has definitely slipped behind what with the crazy summer we've had. There are days when I feel too old for this.

Don't know whats on the agenda for now but one thing is for certain. It IS Monday and one cuppa just wont do.

Here it is just school , school and school work!   Peri's birthday is this month too.  I also have to save up for my mom's Christmas present.  We sorta combine our finances, so I want to buy it next month- as the missing money would be suspicious in November or December (Its a collector edition of her favorite, Count of Monte Cristo, which she shared with my brother).

Don't know whats on the agenda for now but one thing is for certain. It IS Monday and one cuppa just wont do.

Ugh- enrolling kids in school is a big, fat pain!  You need Labor Day off!!

Hope you feel better Athena!

Me, I have a headache. Long night with the grand daughter climbing out of her playpen and falling down, THREE (3) THREE times! She kept climbing out and hitting the floor. So, early nap for her. I'm also trying to get the boys enrolled in online schooling. Their schooling has definitely slipped behind what with the crazy summer we've had. There are days when I feel too old for this.

Here it is just school , school and school work!   Peri's birthday is this month too.  I also have to save up for my mom's Christmas present.  We sorta combine our finances, so I want to buy it next month- as the missing money would be suspicious in November or December (Its a collector edition of her favorite, Count of Monte Cristo, which she shared with my brother).

Ugh- enrolling kids in school is a big, fat pain!  You need Labor Day off!!

Good luck with school! I hope the birthday goes allright and that you can buy your mum's present.

Good luck with school! I hope the birthday goes allright and that you can buy your mum's present.

Tim actually found the best edition for the price, he posted a pic in my Rare Book Help thread, toward the bottom:

http://www.bookclubforum.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/12880-rare-book-help/?hl=%2Brare+%2Bbooks

This has been a secret so long, that I can't contain it lol I had to post that I was getting it.  Not only is it for my mom, who I love dearly, I also never by books anymore, so it was fun looking.  Isn't is gorgeous?  Here is a even better pic of the cover:  https://www.google.com/search?q=count+of+monte+cristo+folio+edition&rlz=1T4GGNI_enUS541US541&tbm=isch&imgil=D_TxYMs9oRWVvM%253A%253BEbRZ3nHFVr1uEM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.amazon.com%25252Fgp%25252Fcustomer-media%25252Fproduct-gallery%25252FB001O8SEBE&source=iu&fir=D_TxYMs9oRWVvM%253A%252CEbRZ3nHFVr1uEM%252C_&usg=__vy17wEjo0Vl2HW1yEygfxNpaGWg%3D&sa=X&ei=XpYEVNHqL6aJjAK5zoGYBg&ved=0CDcQ9QEwAw&biw=1280&bih=569#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=D_TxYMs9oRWVvM%253A%3BEbRZ3nHFVr1uEM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fecx.images-amazon.com%252Fimages%252FI%252F81WAkzhY6ZL.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.amazon.com%252Fgp%252Fcustomer-media%252Fproduct-gallery%252FB001O8SEBE%3B345%3B500

She wants to go to this huge McDonalds near our house that has a big playset in the middle for her bday (Athena, just realized, she is the 25th too, there is the connection :smile: ) and we promised she could go shopping for a Monster High doll.  Barbie's are still a little too old for her, I think.  I also bought her a new pink giraffe print cover for her Galaxy Tab, as her old one is designed badly and is worn out. 

Xan will go back to school on Wednesday - he'll be starting Year 1. :)

It will also be his 6th birthday this month, and then, two days later, it's my birthday. We have a fabulous birthday party planned for Xan this year, as he only had a very small party last year (we had just moved and were living at my Mam's place, so he didn't know many people and there wasn't room for a big party). This year he and all his pals will be going rockpooling (with a guide to tell them what everything is), and then climbing up inside a lighthouse - the party is on a little island you can only reach when the tide is out, as it has a causeway. He is SO excited about it (and so are we!), so are we! Everything will be beach/sea themed, so I'm working on ideas for that at the moment. :)

Gaia and Virginia, hope you both feel better very soon!

Anna, beautiful copy!  Just gorgeous. :)

Best of luck to everyone starting school! :)

Wow!  Vixen, what a great vacation....have a wonderful time, and take pictures. :D

Ahhh, itsmeagain.....I can't wait for some cool breezes down here....still in the 90'sF, hot and humid.  The forecast?  It's gonna be hot, and it might rain.  :roll:  :dunno:

She wants to go to this huge McDonalds near our house that has a big playset in the middle for her bday (Athena, just realized, she is the 25th too, there is the connection :smile: ) and we promised she could go shopping for a Monster High doll.  Barbie's are still a little too old for her, I think.  I also bought her a new pink giraffe print cover for her Galaxy Tab, as her old one is designed badly and is worn out.

That's nice :). I hope she has fun! 

Get well soon Athena dear.

It will also be his 6th birthday this month, and then, two days later, it's my birthday. We have a fabulous birthday party planned for Xan this year, as he only had a very small party last year (we had just moved and were living at my Mam's place, so he didn't know many people and there wasn't room for a big party). This year he and all his pals will be going rockpooling (with a guide to tell them what everything is), and then climbing up inside a lighthouse - the party is on a little island you can only reach when the tide is out, as it has a causeway. He is SO excited about it (and so are we!), so are we! Everything will be beach/sea themed, so I'm working on ideas for that at the moment. :)

I wish him lots of fun at his birthday party! (and you with your birthday :) ).

I'm going on a holiday for 5 weeks to Turkey starting on the 8th of September :D ... Can't wait to be away from work!!!

Have fun :D!

I'm feeling worse today so I'm mainly staying in bed and resting. I hope I'll feel better in a few days. My boyfriend says he's also starting to feel worse. I hope for the both of us that we'll feel better soon. I really want to go to the book fair and participate in the read-a-thon. I'm sick of being sick! But there are worse things, though. I could be sicker and all that. I slept allright though so that's good :). Hopefully it's just a matter of time and rest.

Feel better Athena, being sick in the summer sucks.

I spent the morning finishing laundry and having some "me" time with whiny little mutants roaming around. Funny how when moving we let EVERYTHING go and then we catch a glimpse in the mirror and its like sticker shock! Ugh. Can't believe I've been walking around looking like I've been looking for the past two weeks, lmbo!!!

By next Sunday the bags will be gone as the littles will be gone. I love them dearly but it is SO time for them to go home. I have no idea how their mommy is going to handle two toddlers plus a newborn and two active little boys...one thing is for certain, they had better come up with a game plan and a back up plan because I will not be able to jump in my truck and run down to help her out unless its a 3 alarm emergency and even then, it will take me about 1.5 hours to get to her.

Guess I'll take the kids out for a bit, we are completely out of milk and cereal. Then I'm turning them loose in the back yard with the dogs. Son brought home an 8 month old Rottie who had been rescued. So I have four kids, 6, 4, 2 and 1 and two huge dogs. I am now certifiable.

I picked up two books last night on Kindle's daily special, Where We Belong by Catherine Ryan Hyde about a girl who has an autism- like disorder and makes friends with a dog who helps her.  Than I bought a YA book called Never Fall Down by Patricia McCormick, about a young boy surviving the Khmer Rouge, although I'm not sure how YA a book like that could be.  I am also contemplating a subscription to Time magazine.

I spent the morning finishing laundry and having some "me" time with whiny little mutants roaming around.

:giggle2:

Son brought home an 8 month old Rottie who had been rescued. So I have four kids, 6, 4, 2 and 1 and two huge dogs. I am now certifiable.

Just what you need!

September will be a busy month for us. Monday my niece and her husband stayed overnight and had dinner with us...a very enjoyable evening and breakfast. Saturday we will be at a reunion in Lake Anna, Virginia (retired people that I worked with). Then on Monday Sept 8th  we leave for our annual trip to Bar Harbor, Maine. We will spend the first night on the way up in Fishkill, NY near the Hudson River valley...a beautiful place. The second night we will stay on the waterfront in Portland, Maine. We plan on having lunch at the Eventide restaurant and eating their lobster rolls which were voted the runner-up for "best-in-Maine" http://www.downeast.com/runners/. The next day we will travel on up to Bar Harbor with stops in Freeport and shop at the L.L. Bean store. Another stop will be in Camden, Maine where we will have lunch (New England Clam Chowder).  finally we will arrive in Bar Harbor and spend 5 nights there and visit Acadia National Park and eat lobster, lobster, lobster. :)

When we get back home we will spend a couple nights at our house and then drive up to my niece's home in Pennsylvania and visit with relatives.

Edited by muggle not

I'm going on a holiday for 5 weeks to Turkey starting on the 8th of September :D ... Can't wait to be away from work!!!

Oh my- that's like a trip of a lifetime!  I'd love to see a few pictures!

Anna, beautiful copy!  Just gorgeous. :)

I was able to buy it today :exc: I'm so excited, I can't wait for it to get here!

September will be a busy month for us.

finally we will arrive in Bar Harbor and spend 5 nights there and visit Acadia National Park and eat lobster, lobster, lobster. :)

When we get back home we will spend a couple nights at our house and then drive up to my niece's home in Pennsylvania and visit with relatives.

WOW!  That sounds absolutely AMAZING!!  We just could not make it all the way to Maine on our trip, sadly.  Will/ Can you post a pic or two?  Lobster- yum!  Ever had it friend?  We did at Plymouth Rock and if you haven't had it, don't :P Why someone would fry perfectly good Lobster is beyond me!

September will be a busy month for us. Monday my niece and her husband stayed overnight and had dinner with us...a very enjoyable evening and breakfast. Saturday we will be at a reunion in Lake Anna, Virginia (retired people that I worked with). Then on Monday Sept 8th  we leave for our annual trip to Bar Harbor, Maine. We will spend the first night on the way up in Fishkill, NY near the Hudson River valley...a beautiful place. The second night we will stay on the waterfront in Portland, Maine. We plan on having lunch at the Eventide restaurant and eating their lobster rolls which were voted the runner-up for "best-in-Maine" http://www.downeast.com/runners/. The next day we will travel on up to Bar Harbor with stops in Freeport and shop at the L.L. Bean store. Another stop will be in Camden, Maine where we will have lunch (New England Clam Chowder).  finally we will arrive in Bar Harbor and spend 5 nights there and visit Acadia National Park and eat lobster, lobster, lobster. :)

I downloaded a few photos from the Internet of the Hudson River Valley.

Edited by muggle not

This early?!

I'm glad we don't have that yet. You don't normally see Christmas decorations in most shops until Sinterklaas has been (5th December), some shops do do Christmas stuff before then but I don't think this early in the year.

I'm on holiday at the moment and just taking the odd day trip out in between periods of doing nothing jobs around the house. :giggle2:

Went to Cardiff for a few hours this morning.  I love it as we take the train, which although it's a bit pricey, at least I get a good hour (at least) of reading on the journey each way.  We had a good look around lots of kitchen-y shops, eyeing up some baking goods and chocolate making utensils, plus a wander around Waterstone's.  Didn't actually buy anything (OH splashed out on two pastry brushes!) but had a nice time just going out together.  Fortunately, I didn't spot any Christmas stuff out in any of the shops yet, and as it was 24ºC outside, I was thankful for that small mercy! :lol:

The weather is lovely at the moment and as I live in a coastal town, I've been down to the seafront - obviously had to test the new café there.  Had a lovely pot of peppermint tea, although the glass "cup" they gave me to go with it was a bit odd.  It was like a hollowed out crystal ball with the top cut off - weird! :dunno:

Its kinda cool and cloudy today. I had planned to go exploring but decided to just stay put. I've dozed on the recliner and had a salad for lunch. Earlier this morning I went out to pick up the back yard. I bought the dogs a stuffed duck and found it completely dismantled with stuffing strewn all over. I even located the "quack" box. Not much more ambition than that.

I think I've got to get used to having a quiet house. My men folk are out all day and the babies are gone. Now I must find my footing in this new phase of my life. Oh, I DID locate a local library and the first thing I did was sign up for the amazon/kindel one click! I'm reading Mists of Avalon!"

Maybe I'll take my beads out and work on some jewelry...

Claire, I'm glad you're having fun in your holidays :).

Virginia, it's a shame about the duck. I can imagine it though, any toy we buy for Boris doesn't last long either.

How are you liking Mists of Avalon? I read it when I was a teenager (in Dutch). I bought the English version and have been meaning to read it. I did watch the TV film a few years ago but wasn't too impressed by that.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'll get something made of indestructible rubber. They are both very big and powerful dogs. The Rottie at 8 months is taller than the pitbull but she's got more girth (he was a rescue and is building his weight up). They are like miniature stallions running through the house. The Rottie is also still teething, ugh...so I'm thinking a trip to Petsmart is becoming necessary!

Not sure what's on the agenda for the day. I spent about an hour going through the local paper searching for the "cultural hub" of my new city. Lots of theatre productions in the offing and I can't wait to delve right in. I'm also going to be updating my resume and doing some online applications. Time to get focused.