Your Book Activity - September 2014

Athena

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just finished 'Belonging' by Sameem Ali and once my Kindle has finished charging, I'm going to start 'It' by Stephen King too! I have tried to read this before, but could get into it, but I've decided to give this another go.

I've read it several times, it's one of my favourite books (and my favourite horror book). I hope you'll get more into it this time :).

I started to read Trudi Canavan - The Black Magician Trilogy 2: The Novice.

Reading some of this posts makes me want to give Mr. Stephen King a second chance! :D

Finished Mansfield Park, Jane Austen, and I really enjoyed it.. Austen is the first witty lady in literature, in my opinion. I'm waiting for a book from the library (Jostein Gaarder, The Orange Girl) but I want to read another of his book, I think the title is something like Sophie's World.

Finished Legends last night.

And, with impeccable timing, I received our Michelle's wonderful book prize! I've started I Am Pilgrim already, and it's already turning out to be an excellent read!

Thanks again, Michelle! :D

Reading some of this posts makes me want to give Mr. Stephen King a second chance! :D

Finished Mansfield Park, Jane Austen, and I really enjoyed it.. Austen is the first witty lady in literature, in my opinion. I'm waiting for a book from the library (Jostein Gaarder, The Orange Girl) but I want to read another of his book, I think the title is something like Sophie's World.

I loved Sophie's World (or: De Wereld van Sofie as I read the Dutch version).

I'm half way through Trudi Canavan - The Black Magician Trilogy 2: The Novice and am quite enjoying it :).

Did u watch the film??

Yes, almost done!  My eyes went blurry with sleepiness last night.  :P I didn't realize it was so short!  I thought I only remembered bits and pieces (saw it in the theater when it came out, so it's been awhile) but turns out, I remember practically the whole thing (kinda hard to forget!).  I just don't remember the end for some reason, want to see if it's done like the book.  So far, it's pretty close- don't you think?

I'm about to start Divergent as I've just seen the movie in the past week and really want to see just how much better the story in book form is. :D

IMO, very :smile:

Edited by Anna Begins

I was hoping to have a long reading session yesterday, so I bought How To Be Both by Ali Smith, so I could read it before I see her this week, but unfortunately, I hadn't realised how long a book it was, so I've only scratched the surface and never going to finish it in time.

I think I'll go back to A La Mod by Ian Moore today, as that's a much easier read, and not feeling up to anything too taxing today.

I'm about to start Divergent as I've just seen the movie in the past week and really want to see just how much better the story in book form is. :D

I agree with Anna, the book is amazing! Though I liked the film too. 

^ Yes, but Four was rather handsome in the film, wasn't he? :blush2:

I agree.

I finished reading Trudi Canavan - The Black Magician Trilogy 2: The Novice yesterday and will probably start Trudi Canavan - The Black Magician Trilogy 3: The High Lord today.

15% into Cuckoo's Calling and I just can't handle it.  It is so slow!  And JK Rowling got a ton of $ from me for it, too.  I'm going back to the dark side and immerse myself back into Lee Child's Jack Reacher series.  Feel like I deserve it after all the harder books I've read lately.  So I started Jack Reacher no 18 today, Never Go Back.  I  :flag_of_truce: to the Yummy-ness that is Jack Reacher. 

^ Yes, but Four was rather handsome in the film, wasn't he? :blush2:

Might be strange, although I didn't like her acting, I was more attracted to Tris :smile:  :blush2:

Edited by Anna Begins